Will Apple iPhone ever become an unpopular smartphone brand like Blackberry and Windows Phone?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel it may take many years for iPhone to be unpopular in North America like Blackberry, and Windows Phone because there are a lot of iPhone users who are loyal to Apple. But, Apple iPhone cost more money, and may not be very worth it to most users in a few years unless they need to use an exclusive Apple App like Facetime, iMessage, and iTunes. Apple iPhone may eventually become unpopular when Apple exclusive apps and games are less important to its users, or Android has better exclusive games, apps, and features which are not available on iPhone.

People not earning more money or earning less money in the future may cause more people to buy another brand of phone. A lot of people are not earning a lot of money from their jobs, so picking a more affordable budget Android phone or flip phone/feature cell phone maybe a better choice for poorer users with less money to spend instead of borrowing money or spending a lot of their personal savings to buy a more expensive iPhone.

I feel Gaming smartphones like the Razer SmartPhone, and Asus ROG smartphone may cause more mobile gamer iPhone users to a Google Android gaming smartphone with 8GB of RAM, a fast CPU and powerful video chip, and support for expandable external microSD memory cards up to 1TB or greater in size.

There are also now more affordable $300 or cheaper unlocked Android smartphones like the Xiaomi Pocophone F1 with 6 GB of RAM, a fast CPU, 6.18 inches screen, and 64GB storage with MicroSD memory card support which is fast enough for most users smartphone needs.

A lot of users may also buy more durable Android smartphones because the Apple iPhone screen and case is more likely to break than a rugged Android smartphone with a hard metal case and more durable temper glass, and they use their smartphone as a GPS or work device when they are working at a construction site, farm, forest, or mountain where they are more likely to drop and break their phone.

Last edited:
It really depends on how both Android and iOS play out in the next few years, or if something new comes and takes it over. There's other uses for smartphones besides gaming (tbh a lot of people act like computers are also only used for gaming), and iPhones are pretty popular in business/government phones.

I also don't get the cracked iPhone memes, as I've seen significantly more cracked Android phones than iPhones, though to be fair, they're also the cheapest Android phones you can get from carriers. Though I haven't seen a cracked iPhone in years either.

People also act like Otterboxes aren't a thing, or they could leave their phone in their car when they're doing construction work.

I feel it may take Government, schools, and Business users a while to switch from Iphone to another mobile operating systems because it would take time to retrain users on how to use a new OS and move all their data over to new phones, so iPhone may still be popular with some users for many years.

But, regular home users are more likely to switch phone OS if they get bored and tired of their old cell phone brand like IPhone, or other phone OS have better exclusive apss and games which are more fun, and easy to use.

I highly doubt iPhone can lose it's popularity but no one knows what the future holds.
Anything can happen and for now, I believe it's impossible

I highly doubt iPhone can lose it's popularity but no one knows what the future holds.
Anything can happen and for now, I believe it's impossible

I feel Apple maybe less popular with people with less money to spend on a smartphone, or want more features like a MicroSD memory card, and headphone jack.

But, iPhone will still be popular with rich people, and people who are fans of Apple.

There’s a ton of Android phones that also don’t have MicroSD cards and headphone jacks. Also isn’t there a Galaxy phone that’s also over $1000?

I can see the headphone jack ending up like the CD drive in laptops, where you have to almost go out of your way to find one.

I still see many Android phones with MicroSD and headphones except for a few phones like the Google Pixel 3 and Razer Phone.

There is the Samsung Galaxy S10+ which is over $1000.

I feel it may take some time for the headphone jack to be mostly gone from most affordable $100 smartphones. There maybe a chance that most more expensive smartphones will only come with a USB-C port which is used for charging, data transfer, and USB-C headphones.

But, the MicroSD card slot may become less popular as more affordable smartphones come with 128GB or more storage space.

Last edited:
Tbh you’d be surprised at how many features the average person really doesn’t care about. We can go online and instantly find someone who enjoys the same features as us. You can see something like user upgradeable batteries being really popular on tech related forums, but in real life, the average person probably hasn’t even taken off the cover of their phone.

The average person usually just buys things based off of brand loyalty or brand recognition. This definitely shows when you see people floating about certain features not available on the platform they dislike, despite they are there.

Last edited:
I agree brand loyalty can cause some people to pick iPhone over another phone brand.

Many people can also be affected by peer pressure making them more likely to buy an Apple phone over a Samsung or LG phones because their co-workers and classmates own an iPhone.

But, extra features may make people buy one phone brand over another if the phone maker does a good job of advertising the feature, and why it is better than other phones without the features.

I was never denying there were people who buy a specific model because it has specific features they want. I’m just stating that tech savvy people usually forget that the average person doesn’t put a lot of thought into buying a specific product. Or they find specific features as basically mandatory, but don’t realize that a lot of people don’t care. More commonly you’ll see this with gaming related topics, as more people commonly forget that phones and computers have uses outside of gaming.

I think people also want to act like their preferred side actually put thought into their purchase, and the other is a brand shill. This is why you commonly see people blaming Apple fans as mindless sheep, despite spending the same prices as iPhone users, or laughing at Apple for not having an SD card slot or headphone jack, but buying an Android phone without those.

Certain tech companies see this, which is why you’re seeing certain Android phones essentially being iPhones, but with a different brand name and os on it.

Nah, Apple is just way too popular for it to fall, for now at least.

I feel the design of the newer iPhones with many cameras in the back may make the iPhone slightly less popular with people who want a nicer looking phone.

Back