Will Beater Cars/Cars which are old, cheap, and damaged would always be popular?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I still see a lot of beater cars which are old, cheap, and have damaged on it when I go out. A lot of people where I live drive beater cars. I think beater cars will still be popular in many countries except for very rich countries with a lot of millionares and billionares who can afford more expensive cars.

I feel there would always be many people who continue to drive their beater cars, or like beater cars more than new cars which can look boring compared to a older Chevy Caprice. The sound of some older cars like older Chevy Camaros also sound louder, and more powerful than current new economy cars like the Honda Civic which may cost more than some used sports cars.

There are also a lot of poor and frugal people who like to save money by buying a cheap used reliable cars, or cheap new car like the Mitsubishi Mirage which they use to mainly drive to work, grocery stores, and school.

People either drive them because they really like their style or that's simply all they can afford.

People either drive them because they really like their style or that's simply all they can afford.

I agree, some beater cars have good style where there are no nicer cars with the same style as a Cheap car like an old Volkswagen Beatle. A lot of TV shows and movies also use beater cars to make the show and movie more realistic, and save money on cars for the show. Beater cars are good for comedy movies

This beater car scene from "The Mask" probably won't be as funny or realistic if Jim Carey kicked a newer luxury car.

Beater cars usually are more affordable to own because of good gas mileage, and cheaper repairs. Most cheap small cars have good gas mileage for consumer cars. The repair costs are more affordable because the parts are cheaper to buy, and easier to find if it is a popular beater car like a Ford Focus. I read some cheap cars can be very reliable if you change the oil, cooling fluids, air and oil filters, tires and other disposable liquids and car parts when they need changing. The car parts on some beater cars' brakes and engine are also simpler than most luxury and sports cars where they can be faster and cheaper to repair.

Back