Will E3's new games help the Wii U?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
We know for a fact that Smash Bros and Zelda Wii U will sell extremely well. But how about the other new games? Will they do well and help the Wii U?

Personally, I'm betting that Captain Toad Treasure Tracker will probably fail, Splatoon could be a potential breakout hit, Star Fox will do decently and Hyrule Warriors will sell about a million copies or so.

But what do you think?

Everything will do fine besides Toad's blah blah name. I don't even care to learn the name of it. I don't know anyone who has ever been like, "Make a game based on Toad." I mean he's good in Super Mario Bros. 2, and it's cool to have them as player 3 and 4 in the New Super Mario Bros. games, but Toad doesn't need his own game. It was just an excuse to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 without everyone saying, "Wow Nintendo ran out of ideas. They have to keep going back to Mario Galaxy and milk it for all its worth," which honestly isn't a lot because the first one was amazing and the second was meh.

Also I don't know what Splatoon is, but if it's not a main franchise, I'm willing to bet it won't sell.

The only one I'm on the fence about is Star Fox. If it's an on the rail shooter like the original and 64 it'll be a hit. If it's like Star Fox Adventures or Star Fox Assault, it will most likely flop because as far as I know, no one really likes the on foot missions. I too am one of those people. I would much rather have an entire game in a ship again because I believe that's when the game is most fun.

I personally am very interested in Splatoon. It looks like a very fresh take on a shooting game, and one that likely won't wear as thin as fast as things like CoD and Halo, where everyone either camps or has lightning reflexes…in fact it looks like this is designed to eliminate camping as you HAVE to move to spray ink new places…the whole transformation aspect is really well designed…I'll definitely be picking up a copy.

Hyrule Warriors will likely sell really well (I know I want one), Toad's Treasure Tracker will almost certainly flop. Yoshi's Wooly World could do well, could not (if it gets good reviews I'm getting it, it looked really cool from the bit we got to see)…Star Fox it depends on the reviews again on how well that one'll do.

I must be the only person who's interested in the Toad game? I actually really enjoyed Captain Toad's levels in 3D World

honestly the only games that i think will help the wii u will be hyrule warriors and starfox, mario maker might do well. but its prolly gonna be either 2-10$ or free; so it wont help much the others will prolly sell crap

but i am interested in all the games except the starfox game. unless its like starfox adventures. because the shooting ships bore me

I must be the only person who's interested in the Toad game? I actually really enjoyed Captain Toad's levels in 3D World

I'm actually interested too. if it turns out to be a $15 eShop only game, i think that'd be a good move by Nintendo. I enjoyed playing his levels in SM3DW but they lacked challenge that this game will hopefully deliver.

I'm actually interested too. if it turns out to be a $15 eShop only game, i think that'd be a good move by Nintendo. I enjoyed playing his levels in SM3DW but they lacked challenge that this game will hopefully deliver.

I'd buy it even if it was the price of a regular WiiU title. I loved the mingame in SM3DW. This game is a lot more fleshed out than the minigame. We only saw a glimpse anyway. Who knows what kind of mechanics Nintendo will add to the game.

I think it's a smart business move by Nintendo. At the core, it was a very different experience from the rest of Super Mario 3D World. I imagine they already had plenty of levels ready, and now they don't have to wait for Super Mario 3D World 2 in order to sell them.

Everything will do fine besides Toad's blah blah name. I don't even care to learn the name of it. I don't know anyone who has ever been like, "Make a game based on Toad." I mean he's good in Super Mario Bros. 2, and it's cool to have them as player 3 and 4 in the New Super Mario Bros. games, but Toad doesn't need his own game. It was just an excuse to make Super Mario Galaxy 3 without everyone saying, "Wow Nintendo ran out of ideas. They have to keep going back to Mario Galaxy and milk it for all its worth," which honestly isn't a lot because the first one was amazing and the second was meh.

Also I don't know what Splatoon is, but if it's not a main franchise, I'm willing to bet it won't sell.

The only one I'm on the fence about is Star Fox. If it's an on the rail shooter like the original and 64 it'll be a hit. If it's like Star Fox Adventures or Star Fox Assault, it will most likely flop because as far as I know, no one really likes the on foot missions. I too am one of those people. I would much rather have an entire game in a ship again because I believe that's when the game is most fun.

I think the Toad's Adventure game thing looks interesting. Ya'll declaring it's going to be a flop just because you guys aren't interested seems kind of silly lol. I think it's nice to see Nintendo branching out into some different games for once, and a puzzle maze/platformer will be fun.

I think E3 will have helped. Anyone on the fence about getting a Wii U and the new (And excellent) Mario Kart 8 now has a bunch of newly announced and updated games weighing on their mind as well. While I'm still upset that it took Nintendo so long to finally get out one of it's biggest franchises/console selling games in Mario Kart 8, waiting until just before E3 produced a bit of a mini Nintendo storm that'll have people thinking about the Wii U.

Yeah I don't see anything wrong with the Captain Toad game. I'm actually pretty excited for it. The only game I saw at E3 that wasn't part of a popular franchise was Splatoon. I have to say the whole team work and ink mechanics have me pretty excited for this one.

I think the Toad's Adventure game thing looks interesting. Ya'll declaring it's going to be a flop just because you guys aren't interested seems kind of silly lol. I think it's nice to see Nintendo branching out into some different games for once, and a puzzle maze/platformer will be fun.

I think E3 will have helped. Anyone on the fence about getting a Wii U and the new (And excellent) Mario Kart 8 now has a bunch of newly announced and updated games weighing on their mind as well. While I'm still upset that it took Nintendo so long to finally get out one of it's biggest franchises/console selling games in Mario Kart 8, waiting until just before E3 produced a bit of a mini Nintendo storm that'll have people thinking about the Wii U.

I don't think it'll flop because I'm uninterested. I generally feel like this game will be unsuccessful. Like I said I feel it's Nintendo's way of release Mario Galaxy 3 without "Mario Galaxy." I mean I'd love a Toad game, but Captain Toad? Why Captain Toad? He was in Super Mario Galaxy, and that's really it. I mean what about Blue and Yellow Toad? Give them an adventure without Mario and Luigi. That would probably sell much better.

I'm sure more people like the game including me. I think the concept is really neat and seems like a fun game.

Hyrule Warriors is selling well, at least 90% of my Wii U's Friend List is telling me that they are playing HW.  I need to get this game, but at a later time.  First I need to get me Smash U and Zelda U.  As for the rest of the games, I could care less.  Starfox depends on online gaming.  If it lacks it, then is a no go for me.

If they don't the Wii U will officially be a failure. Heh.

Splatoon is one of the most innovative games I've seen in a LONG time and I'm personally very excited for it. Captain Toad is going to fail without a doubt seeing as they're selling it as a full retail game - definitely would have been more suited as an eShop exclusive. I'm 100% positive Zelda U will be delayed into late 2016, I just don't see it happening next year.

Yeah, I think they'll help Wii U sales quite a bit, particularly Zelda U. The issue with Splatoon is that a lot of people aren't going to be sure about it because they've never played anything like it; I doubt it'll sell systems.

Back