Will electric car owners mainly own one car because of fewer reliability problems with electric parts like electric motors and battery?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think many electric car owners may mainly own one electric car because they don't need to deal with as many future mechanical problems like leaking oil, leaking coolant, gas pump problems, bad muffler, broken transmission, cracked engine, dirty spark plugs, broken coolant hoses, etc which is common with older high mileage gas cars where some gas car owners may own more than one gas car because their older high mileage gas car is still being fixed, need to be fixed, and they need to buy a more reliable car to drive to work and school.

Last edited:
I thought people owned multiple cars, especially in a married situation, because they both work, and in vastly different locations, not because of reliability issues with a gas powered vehicle.

I thought people owned multiple cars, especially in a married situation, because they both work, and in vastly different locations, not because of reliability issues with a gas powered vehicle.
That is pretty common here, many of not all families have 2 cars.

I notice some people own broken or unreliable gas cars like very old classic cars which they plan to fix in the future, but they drive a more reliable gas car which is still under warranty like a 5 to 10 year car warranty, and they use the more reliable car for work, and daily driving to a grocery stores and road trips.

Depending on how reliable electric cars are, some electric car owners may only drive one car until they decide to sell their car to another owner rather than owning a new electric car and an old electric car if a new and old electric car are both very reliable, or can be quickly fixed for an affordable price.

May be.
But some people just like to have more cars and we can never consider them ....as a part of common circle.

I don't think people own more than one car because one might have reliability issues. Most people own more than one car to have options and to ensure they can still drive if family members have multiple places to go to

I would think electric cars would have near the amount of parts in it.

I think there are fewer parts in the electric motors which usually use magnets, and coils of wires to move the motor when electricity from a battery is connected to the motor.

Electric and gas cars do share similar parts like tires, doors, headlights, tail lights, springs, brakes, and radio.

Back