Will fewer people use a PC monitor to play game console games in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think the amount of people who use a PC monitor for playing game console games will be smaller than today.

Small HDTVs are becoming cheaper where you can buy one for $200 or more, and it maybe cheaper than some monitors with similar resolutions.

New 4K TVs with higher refresh rates of 120Hz will be more affordable in the future, so I think more people who use a PC monitor for gaming may switch to a 4K TV with high refresh rate, or a 1080P HDTV which are becoming cheaper.

A TV come with built-in speakers, and have other features like a remote, TV tuner, and Smart TV App support for apps like YouTube, and Netflix, so it can be seen as a better value than a monitor which is just a display which shows video.

Most monitors only have 1 HDMI and 1 VGA port which is not enough ports for someone who own more than 1 game console.

Honestly is there a need for the need for a monitor and TV, the two should merge and be done with it.

Due to the lack of space, my second monitor is both my TV screen, my console screen, and second monitor for my PC at the same time.
All I do is swap HDMI cables around.

Due to the lack of space, my second monitor is both my TV screen, my console screen, and second monitor for my PC at the same time.
All I do is swap HDMI cables around.
I'm pretty sure that you can get a HDMI switch where you just press something to change the input source.

Like, the cables started to get less reliable over time.
They kept disconnecting for a few seconds all the time, and then they stopped working at all.
It happened with every cable I plugged into that thing, so I tried to use an HDMI cable without the switch for some time, and I had 0 issues.

Were there ever many people who did that? My computer is in the study whereas my consoles are in the lounge room so I always end up using my TV for consoles. Not to mention most TVs can be used as monitors these days anyway.

Well I watch TV on my computer with a normal computer screen (and headphones too). IMO there no need for a separate TV.

Honestly is there a need for the need for a monitor and TV, the two should merge and be done with it.

People can save a little money by buying a basic monitor, or building their own monitor by buying an LCD monitor panel and monitor motherboard, cables and power supply to build a homemade monitor.

Most newer TVs can be used as monitors if the TV has an extra HDMI, VGA, DVI, or composite/s-video ports.

A similar resolution and quality monitor is slighty cheaper than a TV with the same resolution and screen size because the monitor does not come with TV features a TV tuner, stereo speakers, remote controll with 2 bundled AAA batteries, 2 or more HDMI ports, composite and component, video ports, coax video port, line-out audio port, SD card reader, built-in DVD player, and Smart features like the ability to use YouTube, Netflix, Android games, and Facebook.

A monitor may weigh less, so it is cheaper to ship if you don't have free shipping at a store.

Back