Will many electronics be bought by adults who like collecting things?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Some adults do like collect things like antique toys, old computers, and video game collectibles. I think there would most likely be adults with better paying jobs where they can afford to spend more of their money on collecting electronics. They choose to decorate their home with electronics like record players, old game consoles, cell phones and telephones which they like.

Last edited:
Most probably.

They believe that, with their experience, they will do a better job of buying something reliable.

I like collecting reliable electronics like TVs, speakers, calculators, electrical appliances like toasters, and radios.

I don't like wasting my time and money replacing low quality electronics which break after a few months, and look cheaply made.

I feel many electronics are poorly made where they may put me in danger because of random battery explosions, overheating burns, and electrical fires. The appearance of a lot of newer electronics don't look good, and look too fragile.

I don't collect much these days. I certainly am not someone who obsessively collects game consoles. lol

I don't collect much these days. I certainly am not someone who obsessively collects game consoles. lol

I also don't obsessively collect game consoles. But, I do have a small game console collection like Playstation 1, 2, Gameboy Advance, and Xbox 360.

I also don't obsessively collect game consoles. But, I do have a small game console collection like Playstation 1, 2, Gameboy Advance, and Xbox 360.
Cool. I've owned a PS3 (several years) and a PS4 (about 2 days). hehe Currently have an Xbox One S but it's at the pawn shop. LOL

Not sure about collecting, most seem to like to upgrade rather than hold onto or collect.

Not sure about collecting, most seem to like to upgrade rather than hold onto or collect.

I heard some people are still holding onto older Windows 7 computers because Windows 8 and 10 does not work with some older software and hardware which only works on Windows 7 and older Windows OS. Flip phones are kind of making a comeback for people who just need a phone, or feel their smartphone is making them addicted to the internet, and using apps.

Personally, I love Windows 10. Best OS from Microsoft to date IMO. :grin:

People will collect anything and everything. There’s a guy on YouTube who collects CRT TV’s and monitors.

People may also stick to just specific brands/devices, like having a Galaxy phone collection or whatever.

There's a collector for everything really so I'm sure there are one or two out there that have already started doing this.

I seen a few large collections of electronics on YouTube, and Instagram.

I think some electronics collectors may collect electronics, but not show off their collection because they are shy and feel many people will say something rude like electronics collection are a waste of time and money compared to collecting more valuable items like gold coins, jewelry, gold watches, and rare artwork where these things are more likely to be worth more money in a few years.

Last edited:
They also could just not care to show off their collections to people.

I have a pretty large game collection, and I never felt the need to go on YouTube, or create a blog about it.

I have a small collection of video games, and electronics which I also don't show to most people since I mainly enjoy looking at my collection, and occasionally using them.

I'd only collect stuff that had a use. I have no interest in like a 30 year computer or game console. lol

I'd only collect stuff that had a use. I have no interest in like a 30 year computer or game console. lol

Some might argue though that the nostalgia factor is in and of itself a use. I’ve kept a useless old laptop for that reason. That said I certainly wouldn’t collect them, but equally I can imagine people surely will.

Perhaps. I do "keep" things of sentimental value. Like these plastic/rubber tree frogs my parents and sister gave me when I was in the hospital like 25 years ago. :)

Old computers and game consoles sometimes have cool case designs, and sentimental value to people. Old electronics are also good conversation pieces to use to start conversations with people. Old electronics like old landline telephones can be useful for making homemade movies and videos which story took place before the invention of the cell phone.

Old computers and game consoles sometimes have cool case designs, and sentimental value to people. Old electronics are also good conversation pieces to use to start conversations with people. Old electronics like old landline telephones can be useful for making homemade movies and videos which story took place before the invention of the cell phone.
hehehehe I think you're grasping at straws here. :grin:

Back