Will Microsoft make a PC operating system which is based on Chrome/Chromium OS?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft Edge web browser will soon move to Chromium as its web browser engine according to Microsoft is rebuilding its Edge browser on Chrome and bringing it to the Mac . I think there is a chance that Microsoft may make a custom Chromium based operating system with the Windows logo. Chrome OS can run at a usable speed on mobile CPUs, Intel Atom, Celeron, and Pentium CPUs like how Chrome OS can run on slower CPUs like mobile CPUs, Intel Atom, Celeron, and Pentium CPUs. But, Windows 10 sometimes has slowdown problems when running on slower CPUs, and use a lot of storage space. Microsoft making a custom Chromium OS with Windows branding maybe an easier way to make a cheap Microsoft branded computers with slow CPUs and less RAM.

Chrome OS can now run Android and Linux apps, so programs like MS Office can now run offline in Chrome OS, and the shortage of software and games for Chrome OS is less of a problem.

I am not so sure.

probably they would but I highly doubt we could see anything anytime soon.

I doubt it, they are very committed to their own OS. Linux aside, no one else really makes a fully usable OS.

I doubt it, they are very committed to their own OS. Linux aside, no one else really makes a fully usable OS.
Linux rocks, but I can't seem to run Windows games on it. Also, the last time I tried it, Linux didn't correctly recognize my video card. This was distressing.

Linux rocks, but I can't seem to run Windows games on it. Also, the last time I tried it, Linux didn't correctly recognize my video card. This was distressing.

I agree Linux does sometimes have problems with recognizing video cards.

But, I feel Microsoft Windows 10 may not be compatible with older video cards with a slower video chip and less video RAM. But, these older video cards are compatible with many Linux based OS. Older and Slower video cards may run at a very slow speed on Windows 10, but the old and slow video card will run Linux better.

I can play all Touhou game and all Windows ver of the Unity made game on Linux.
I am not trying other game, sorry. (;^ω^)

Steam and Gog now have more games which are compatible with Linux. I played a few free Linux games like OpenArena, Torcs, SuperTuxKart and Tux Racer and they were pretty fun.

Back