Will mini consoles be around longer than most full size game consoles?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
There probably still be smaller companies which make $10 to $100 US dollar mini game consoles to sell on eBay and Amazon after many years in the future because most of these smaller companies may not have enough workers and money to make a full size console, and fewer people will buy an expensive console from a less popular brand.

I feel there maybe a chance that full size more expensive game console may not be made in many years in the future if more people play PC games, or with cheaper mini consoles, and mobile gaming like smartphone/tablet games.

Full size game consoles also need enough good games to make people interested in buying a $200 to $400 console compared to Gaming PC, mini consoles, and mobile gaming where people can keep playing games like World of Warcraft, Minecraft, and Starcradt for many years after the release date.

The price of mini consoles maybe cheaper like $4 when the cost of making CPU, RAM, and other parts for mini consoles is cheaper like how people can buy a calculator, digital watch or alarm clock for $1 to $3 at the dollar store. If the cost of mini consoles are a lot cheaper, they can be sold at more stores like the dollar store, and vending machines like how cheap $1 headphones are sold at many retail stores like the dollar store, vending machines, and grocery stores.

Mini consoles are bought as affordable gifts to giveaway as prizes and gifts. There are people who want to play old classic games like Pac-Man, but don't want to buy a more expensive Windows computer or full size game console, and buy the classic game for a few dollars like $1 to $10 on Steam, PSN, Xbox Live, Google Play, and iTunes.

I feel in many years all or most game consoles will be the size of mini consoles or settop boxes like the Nvidia Shield TV, Apple TV, smaller Gaming laptops, and handheld consoles like the Nintendo Switch.

Most full size game console makers may make their consoles smaller in size like mini consoles to save more money on building their console by using less plastic, metal, and other materials. It also cost less money to ship a small box, and a controller compared to a full size console like a Xbox One and controller.

Games may mostly be stored on smaller size disc, Memory cards like the Nintendo Switch cartridge games, or they mainly be sold on online game stores like PSN, Xbox Live, Steam, etc, so the need for the extra space for a large Blu-Ray disc drive for playing games is not needed.

I feel in the future some game consoles won't need very big cooling fans when future game console CPU, RAM, SSD Storage drives, and video chips generate less heat from running console parts at faster speeds. The size of the console will be smaller when consoles don't need large cooling fans, or the parts cool themselves with air outside the console like most older handheld consoles like Nintendo Gameboy which don't need a cooling fan system to not overheat.

Nintendo manages to keep its stuff popular, but everything else I see ends up in clearance sections.

Nintendo manages to keep its stuff popular, but everything else I see ends up in clearance sections.

This is true Nintendo consoles are popular even their many mini game consoles which sell out very quickly. I felt the Switch could of been smaller in size if the tablet was not built-into the Switch.

Maybe someday the Switch would have a mini-console size console.

I agree a lot of consoles eventually end up on the Clearance section. I feel the lack of fun games make people not buy the latest versions of consoles, and continue playing their older consoles, or buying a mini console like the Snes mini, Nes Mini, etc to play many classic games.

The mini consoles may be something I'd be interested in or it may not. It depends on what kind of games they come out with for their mini consoles so it's a hit or miss.

I feel there are gamers may more likely want to play mini consoles like the Nes Mini, Snes mini, Sega Genesis mini, and other classic game console versions of mini consoles when they no longer can relate to newer games, or the games have plots, characters, political and social themes which they don't like.

I won't buy a game consoles if game consoles in the future force gamers to use a virtual reality headset, motion and voice controls which I don't like, so I probably keep playing older games on a PC and mini consoles like the Nes Mini, Snes mini, etc. I also wont buy new consoles if I don't like most of the games.

Back