Will more people need to buy custom built small cars because of popularity of trucks/SUVs?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
A lot of people in America are now buying trucks, vans, and sports utility vehicles. The local tv news said that Ford will no longer be making affordable small cars in the future because most Ford buyers buy trucks, vans, and SUVs rather than smaller cars like the Ford Focus.

I think there is a chance that people in countries like America who want to buy a affordable new small car in the future may need to hire a car builder to build them a custom built small car, or buy a more expensive small car from a luxury sports car brand like BMW, Mercedes, and Tesla which sell their cars for more expensive prices where it can be cheaper to buy a custom built small car or build your own car from a kit of car parts.

It may not make as much sense for most car makers to make thousands to millions of small cars, and hope people buy them when many people and companies buy trucks, vans, and SUVs to drive.

Even if ford stops making small cars, some people would always go for small cars.

Personally I like big cars the I can see the charm of small cars as well.

I just hope other brands wouldn't stop making them entirely.

I think there would always be a few small sports and luxury cars like the BMW Mini Cooper.

But, small sports and luxury cars cost a lot more than regular small cars and some bigger vans and trucks.

There maybe more smaller car companies which make affordable custom built small cars for people who want an affordable small car in the future because their favorite car maker like Ford are no longer making small cars which they want to buy, and they don't want to buy a small car from a car company which they don't trust or have bad user reviews.

I hate big cars, specially trucks and SUVs, just don't like how they run in my grip. I like smaller cars so I guess I have to find another brand since I do own a car that Ford will no longer make.

At least, there are still a lot of affordable used smaller cars which are reliable, so car makers not making as many affordable and reliable new cars won't be a problem for people who are willing to drive a used car, or build their own small car from used car parts from a junkyard.

I really hope that's not our future. I really don't want to use a big car for everything. I like small stuff and I would love to get a small car someday as well as a big one too.

there will be small cars, and then tinier cars...

I think small and tiny cars like the Fiat 500 and Mini Cooper with a decent size fan base will continue to be made.

But, not all car companies will continue making small cars in a few years like Ford which don't have enough small Ford car buyers or cant make enough money from selling small cars.

Chrysler, and Dodge no longer sell any new affordable small cars. But, they sell a few expensive larger luxury and sports cars.

GM Chevy will also no longer make the Chevy Sonic small car this year according to GM to stop production of Chevrolet Sonic Subcompact car: Wall...

There is still the Gas version of the Chevy Spark, but the electric version is discontinued according to General Motors Killed the Chevrolet Spark EV and No One Noticed

Back