Will more people own a smartphone with 1TB of storage space compared to a PC with 1TB of space?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
People tend to upgrade their smartphones a lot. I think in the next few years a lot of people will upgrade their smartphone to a phone with 1TB of space.

But, users with 1TB smartphones may still be using their old Windows 10 and older computer which may still have 500GB of internal storage space. Desktop and Laptop computers sometimes can last a long time, so some people may continue using them for over 5 years until they break.

Chromebooks are becoming more popular, and most Chromebooks have only 16GB of space.

I think people are more attached to their smartphones than they are their computers. So, yes, I think that is the more likely option.

It will most likely be another 10 years before phones start seeing 1 TB storage.

Most probably that would be the case.
Not many people want to have less space....but me....I would rather prefer a computer with more space than my phone.

I don't think it will be as long as 10 years. But it may be a while before it becomes mainstream and the majority of phones have that type of storage space.

Phones will be the new external hard drives. (Imagine the weight of that phone.)

"Got any new movies there?"
Yeah, sure. Let me get my phone which I kept inside my bag because it's too heavy for my pocket.

But I guess technology will be so advanced in the future that they would find a way to lessen its weight.

Most probably that would be the case.
Not many people want to have less space....but me....I would rather prefer a computer with more space than my phone.

I feel if the price of a smartphone with 1TB of space is affordable like $100 to $300 I will more likely get a phone with 1TB of space.

But, $1599 US Dollars for the Samsung Galaxy S10+ with 1TB of space is currently not affordable for me right now.

I feel some people may use a credit card, use a loan of $1599 from a bank or person to buy the Samsung Galaxy S10+, or use some of their savings to buy the Samsung Galaxy S10+. I feel richer people may buy the Samsung Galaxy S10+ with 1TB of space, and also buy their phone for their kids, wife, husband, and friends.

I feel if the price of a smartphone with 1TB of space is affordable like $100 to $300 I will more likely get a phone with 1TB of space.

But, $1599 US Dollars for the Samsung Galaxy S10+ with 1TB of space is currently not affordable for me right now.

I feel some people may use a credit card, use a loan of $1599 from a bank or person to buy the Samsung Galaxy S10+, or use some of their savings to buy the Samsung Galaxy S10+. I feel richer people may buy the Samsung Galaxy S10+ with 1TB of space, and also buy their phone for their kids, wife, husband, and friends.
I could probably get a very good laptop with that amount.
It's hard to afford such expensive stuff no matter how tempting they are.

I could probably get a very good laptop with that amount.
It's hard to afford such expensive stuff no matter how tempting they are.

I agree $1599 for the Samsung Galaxy S10+ 1TB version is very expensive. $1599 can buy a very good laptop, faster Gaming PC, or buy two or more good smartphones.

A lot of people are probably using monthly payments for their phone instead of dropping $1600 on a phone. Also who gets a loan for a phone anyway?
This made my day.
Yes, it's kinda ridiculous to get a loan, just to buy a new phone xD

This made my day.
Yes, it's kinda ridiculous to get a loan, just to buy a new phone xD

I feel not many people will take out a loan to buy a new phone when they can be approve for monthly payments. Some people may take out a loan if the loan's monthly payment is less than the stores, but you pay more interest and it will take longer to pay off the loan.

I read articles that the prices of electronics are expensive in countries like Brazil where a PS4 Pro game console cost $935 US Dollars according to PS4 Pro Will Cost $935 USD in Brazil , so I got a feeling that some people in countries with very expensive electronic prices like in Brazil may get a loan to buy more expensive electronics like expensive smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S10+ 1TB.

not worth the price.

I agree it is not worth the price. I feel most $1000 and more expensive smartphones are not worth it unless you use a lot of big apps or need a very fast smartphone for gaming and video editing apps.

I feel not many people will take out a loan to buy a new phone when they can be approve for monthly payments. Some people may take out a loan if the loan's monthly payment is less than the stores, but you pay more interest and it will take longer to pay off the loan.

I read articles that the prices of electronics are expensive in countries like Brazil where a PS4 Pro game console cost $935 US Dollars according to PS4 Pro Will Cost $935 USD in Brazil , so I got a feeling that some people in countries with very expensive electronic prices like in Brazil may get a loan to buy more expensive electronics like expensive smartphones like the Samsung Galaxy S10+ 1TB.

Oh wow.
That's too pricey.
No wonder people seem to like imported stuff more than getting the same from a local store.

Oh wow.
That's too pricey.
No wonder people seem to like imported stuff more than getting the same from a local store.

Some people also import stuff to save money on sales taxes, and there is a greater selection of electronics outside their country.

Some people also import stuff to save money on sales taxes, and there is a greater selection of electronics outside their country.
If someone sends a gift or if they purchased it locally, then you will be able to see some profit that way.
Otherwise shipping fees are crazy and not to mention the custom clearance fee (_ _)/

Back