Will most electric car batteries ever cost less than $1000 US dollars?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible that most electric car batteries found in average electric cars like the Nissan Leaf will someday cost under $1000 when new more affordable batteries are invented, the cost of mining metal and materials needed fir batteried is cheaper, and when there are more companies which make replacement batteries for electric cars.

There also maybe more cheaper lightweight and slower electric cars in the future where the car does not need a very expensive, and heavy battery which can hold more power to drive 60 miles, so using a cheaper battery will be possible to power a lightweight slower electric car.

Last edited:
I highly doubt that.....
Well, people care more about the safety and today's world it's needed.

I highly doubt that.....
Well, people care more about the safety and today's world it's needed.

The cost of car batteries for gas cars can be bought for $50 and more US dollars at a car parts store. Cheaper $50 gas car batteries sold at a store are safe to use because they are tested for safety by the government and the maker.

In the future electric car batteries would be cheaper when more affordable batteries are invented, more companies make electric car batteries for lower prices, and more buyers want to buy more affordable replacement electric car batteries for their car. There will also be more lightweight electric cars which can use a more affordable, and less powerful battery because their lightweight electric car does not need a lot of power to run the car for many hours/miles per day. A battery maker may make enough money to pay its expenses like workers, materials, and electricity when the battery maker sell many millions affordable electric car batteries for a lower price which will attract more buyers.

I think electric car batteries can be both safe, and affordable if the battery maker figure out how to make their batteries more affordable to build without using unsafe low quality parts, and they are willing to make less money by not being greedy by selling batteries for a very high price.

Last edited:
The cost of car batteries for gas cars can be bought for $50 and more US dollars at a car parts store. Cheaper $50 gas car batteries sold at a store are safe to use because they are tested for safety by the government and the maker.

In the future electric car batteries would be cheaper when more affordable batteries are invented, more companies make electric car batteries for lower prices, and more buyers want to buy more affordable replacement electric car batteries for their car. There will also be more lightweight electric cars which can use a more affordable, and less powerful battery because their lightweight electric car does not need a lot of power to run the car for many hours/miles per day. A battery maker may make enough money to pay its expenses like workers, materials, and electricity when the battery maker sell many millions affordable electric car batteries for a lower price which will attract more buyers.

I think electric car batteries can be both safe, and affordable if the battery maker figure out how to make their batteries more affordable to build without using unsafe low quality parts, and they are willing to make less money by not being greedy by selling batteries for a very high price.
I don't have a car of my own and I don't plan to get one anytime soon either because of all the traffic and such here...i don't think anyone around me know how to repair a car or about the spare parts stuff.. we usually take it to the official showroom to get the original parts. ..

I don't have a car of my own and I don't plan to get one anytime soon either because of all the traffic and such here...i don't think anyone around me know how to repair a car or about the spare parts stuff.. we usually take it to the official showroom to get the original parts. ..

The traffic is very busy in most cities in Canada and the US. Many people here do use a car because they buy a lot of heavy things like a big bag of rice or flour which is harder to carry on the bus, and taxi rides are more expensive when you use them a lot, and may not be reliable where the taxi drivers are usually late or don't show up.

There maybe some people where you live who know about fixing cars and spare parts because there are a lot of car repair books, websites, and instructional videos on car repair, and the spare parts can be bought on autoparts websites, or eBay.

Most people here take their car to a car dealer, or large department store which also have a car repair section for repairing cars.

The traffic is very busy in most cities in Canada and the US. Many people here do use a car because they buy a lot of heavy things like a big bag of rice or flour which is harder to carry on the bus, and taxi rides are more expensive when you use them a lot, and may not be reliable where the taxi drivers are usually late or don't show up.

There maybe some people where you live who know about fixing cars and spare parts because there are a lot of car repair books, websites, and instructional videos on car repair, and the spare parts can be bought on autoparts websites, or eBay.

Most people here take their car to a car dealer, or large department store which also have a car repair section for repairing cars.
I know that many people don't know what real traffic is...
Everyday I take my office bus and to cover 30 KMS it takes 2-3 hours and I am not kidding. I tried to commute by bike but gave up. Seriously it's way too crowded and the traffic here... Makes me want to runaway sometimes.

I know that many people don't know what real traffic is...
Everyday I take my office bus and to cover 30 KMS it takes 2-3 hours and I am not kidding. I tried to commute by bike but gave up. Seriously it's way too crowded and the traffic here... Makes me want to runaway sometimes.

This is true, a lot of people don't know what real traffic is especially people who live in a smaller town or city with less people, or have a public train service which stop every few KMs to take people to work.

Its disappointing that the government and very rich people does not spend more money and time on improving the road, building more roads and bridges, and improve road safety where there are fewer car accidents which end up blocking the road, and teach people to not use a cell phone and other devices while walking and driving. Unfortunately, more people are now using their cell phones while driving and walking across the street which is dangerous, and cause them to slow down if they stop in the middle of the road to take a call or text a message to someone.

This is true, a lot of people don't know what real traffic is especially people who live in a smaller town or city with less people, or have a public train service which stop every few KMs to take people to work.

Its disappointing that the government and very rich people does not spend more money and time on improving the road, building more roads and bridges, and improve road safety where there are fewer car accidents which end up blocking the road, and teach people to not use a cell phone and other devices while walking and driving. Unfortunately, more people are now using their cell phones while driving and walking across the street which is dangerous, and cause them to slow down if they stop in the middle of the road to take a call or text a message to someone.

Well, according to me, traffic is because of too many cars.
Around where I live, every person almost owns more than one car and not to mention that it is some sort of IT hub. So, too much traffic. To prevent that people should at least start using public transport...even though it's a pain.

Well, according to me, traffic is because of too many cars.
Around where I live, every person almost owns more than one car and not to mention that it is some sort of IT hub. So, too much traffic. To prevent that people should at least start using public transport...even though it's a pain.

I agree more people should use public transport. People can also walk to places which are a short distance from their home instead of driving.

People with cars with 5 or more seats can also drive four more people to work and other places which can help make traffic better instead of having 4 more cars on the road with 1 to 4 empty seats depending on the number of seats are in the car.

We have really good train system with very strict time table, so many people that are live in or near Tokyo do not own car.
But in country side, everyone has car.

I saw an online video and read a blog at Big In China: Cheap, Tiny Electric Cars that millions of people in China are driving slower lightweight electric cars with a maximum speed of 43 KM/H which cost $1000 and up. These cheap low speed electric cars use cheaper lead-acid car batteries. I think the cost of cheap low speed electric vehicle battery probably cost between $50 to 100 to buy like regular car batteries being sold at a car parts store.

I think more people in countries outside of China may choose to drive a cheap lower speed electric car because it is cheaper than most cars and has more storage space than a motorcycle where carrying a few boxes is not possible.

Lightweight electric cars are safer than a bicycle, skateboard, roller skates, motorcycle, and scooters which have no doors, roof, and windows, seatbelts, and other safety features to keep riders safe. Some people who use a bicycle, skateboard, roller skates, motorbike, and scooter may buy a cheaper lightweight electric car when they need a vehicle which is safer than a skateboard or bicycle.

These low speed electric cars are also faster and more comfortable than human powered vehicles like a skateboard.

Last edited:
Way too small for me.

Way too small for me.

I agree these Chinese Electric cars are kind of small for many people, and parent's of young drivers may not want their children driving a very small car which look less safe.

But, these small cars could be good for very short people with legs which are not long enough to comfortably reach the gas and brake peddle on a bigger car and they are too short to comfortably see out the front window of a regular sized car.

Back