Will most people still be using disposable batteries in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
A lot of people have smoke alarms, cooking timers, small clocks, and TV remote controls which use AA and AAA batteries. It maybe more affordable to buy disposable batteries since they cost a dollar or less per battery, and can last many month or longer when use in smoke alarms, small clocks and remote controls.

I feel circular CMOS batteries on desktop computer motherboards may still be disposable in many years since most computer users may replace their desktop computer before they need to replace the CMOS battery on their PC motherboard.

CMOS batteries cost a few dollars, and last for many years, so a lot of people maybe fine with replacing them every few years like watch batteries on basic digital watches.

I don't see them vanishing anytime soon.

I don't think so....or...I am not so sure.
My phone got in-built battery and can't be replaced....and I highly doubt Samsung would use disposable batteries for these phones...anytime soon.

I don't think so....or...I am not so sure.
My phone got in-built battery and can't be replaced....and I highly doubt Samsung would use disposable batteries for these phones...anytime soon.

The disposable battery wouldn’t be for a device like a phone, it would be something that uses, for example, AA or AAA batteries.

The disposable battery wouldn’t be for a device like a phone, it would be something that uses, for example, AA or AAA batteries.
Yikes.
Sorry. That's way out of my depth then.
I never paid much attention to batteries in general

Back