Will most smartphones OS won't have the option to Turn OFF Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Data?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it is possible that most smartphones will no longer have the ability to turn off the wireless signals for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and Wireless Data on a smartphone. Smartphone operating system makers like Google Android and Apple iOS may want to keep wireless signals like we-fi and Bluetooth permanently ON, so they would no longer get technical support calls from less tech savvy users who don't know or forgot how to turn ON wi-fi, Bluetooth, and Data after the owner, an App, or someone with access to the phone turned off Wifi, Bluetooth, and Data.

Removing the Off setting for Wi-fi, Bluetooth, GPS, and Data may make an Mobile OS slightly more lightweight, and run slightly faster, and use less storage space. Some smartphone users may prefer a smartphone which has a more lightweight, simpler, faster mobile operating system which has no options to turn off wireless signals like wi-fi, data, Bluetooth, and GPS.

The government may require mobile OS have wireless signals like GPS, Wireless Data, Wifi, etc to be always turned ON, so the government can track people's physical location, and text, video and audio which is useful for tracking criminals and gathering evidence for court cases.

Hopefully so, I hate to connect to a bad network by mistake.

I don't know any phones n which, we don't get to turn off them.
Fortunately my phone is almost 4 years now and it has an option to turn them off. To be honest, they should give the turning off option to the users. That's what I beliieve

If the government wants to watch me, they're going to be bored to tears.

But I'm with Claraviolet. I'd prefer being able to turn that stuff off if I want to.

It would be nice if smartphones have a physical switch/button for turning off wireless signals like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Data, and GPS.

I think when cellular data and wifi becomes super fast like 100GB per second with low ping speeds there will be cheaper smart phones which runs the operating system, programs, and files from an online server similar to how some very cheap thin client desktop computers, databases, and ATM cash machines, run Windows or Linux off a hard drive on a server using Client and Server networking.

This is bad for people with limited data. They might want to turn it off to save data. Personally, I wouldn't like to be connected all the time.

I feel some less trustworthy and greedy cell phone service providers may make data permanently turned-on on cell phones which they sell at their cell service stores, so they can earn more money from users who use data heavy apps like YouTube, Facebook, etc.

Hopefully, the government and consumer protection groups prevent cell phone service provider from making data permanently turned-on to make users use more data.

Back