Will most users still play mobile games on smartphones with less than 8GB of RAM in a few years?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel most smartphone users will most likely play mobile games on more affordable smartphones with less than 8GB of RAM in a few years. Many people are not earning a lot of money these days, so they may more likely choose to buy a cheaper smartphone with 1 to 6 GB of RAM, a Quad-core CPU, and slower specs, so they save money by buying a cheaper phone.

Making calls, texts, web browsing, maps, and most mobile games can still run well on smartphones with 2GB of RAM.

I think there are also not many mobile games which need 8GB of RAM to run quickly.

I believe so.

Or may be not. It depends how much the price and quality changes by then. I would probably still use my A5 phone even then.

It's the same as on PC. There are games which require you have a high-end PC and then there are those you can play on a 10-year-old machine. There are games which require you to have a better phone and those you can play on an older phone. There's no rule to it, really.

I feel if smartphones come with mobile Intel and AMD CPU there would be more people who buy smartphones with 8GB of RAM because Intel and AMD CPUs are compatible with more games and software which run best on devices with 8GB and more GB of RAM.

Are there mainstream phones with 8GB of RAM yet? I wouldn't get a phone specifically for that especially just for gaming purposes but if the latest Galaxy smartphone had it, I would get it.

Are there mainstream phones with 8GB of RAM yet? I wouldn't get a phone specifically for that especially just for gaming purposes but if the latest Galaxy smartphone had it, I would get it.

There are a few smartphones from Samsung, LG, Sony, and smaller smartphone makers like Razer which has 8GB of RAM.

The newest Samsung Galaxy S10 fastest version has 8GB of RAM for the more Galaxy S10 version affordable version. The more expensive version which is the Galaxy S10+ has 12GB of RAM according to Specifications | Samsung Galaxy S10e, S10 & S10+ – The Official Samsung Galaxy Site .

I will get a smartphone with 8 GB of RAM if it has other features I am interested in like a bigger screen, better sounding speakers, 3.5mm headphone port, and MicroSD memory card slot which is sometimes not available on the smaller screen versions of the same model of smartphone, and similar smartphones from other brands.

I'm sure in a few years the least amount of RAM will be 10GB if not higher.

I'm sure in a few years the least amount of RAM will be 10GB if not higher.

I think it is possible for Google Android smartphone makers would install 10GB and more RAM on their smartphones in a few years, so people are more likely to want to upgrade to a newer smartphone with 10GB of RAM, and a faster CPU.

But, it may take Apple many years to sell an iPhone with 10GB of RAM. The latest iPhone XS still comes with 4GB of RAM.

Yeah, Apple will take a while before they come out with anything like what Samsung and a few other companies are doing. They love being behind, bringing it and then marketing it like they were the first.

I feel Apple may be forced to use 8GB RAM chips when smaller size RAM chips like 4GB RAM chips are no longer being made in large amounts by RAM chip makers.

Apple may add 8GB of RAM sooner to the iPhone if mobile game makers like EA, Gameloft, and SquareEnix stop making mobile games for Apple iPhone because making higher quality HD games for smartphones with less than 8GB of RAM takes a lot of time to make the game run fast at 60 frames per second on phones with less than 8GB RAM. Apple iOS, social networking, messaging, and e-mail apps may use many GBs of RAM to run in the background, so there may not be much RAM leftover on a 8GB RAM iPhone to run more RAM intensive games at a faster speed when games need more RAM to run smoothly like how many newer PC games need 8GB of RAM to run smoothly.

Back