Will people generate/make their own electricity more often instead of only buying electricity from the electric company or disposable batteries?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think there is a possibility that more devices like laptops, tablets, radios, smartphones, and flash lights will come with solar panels for generating electricity from the sun, or a hand crank to generate power by cranking a crank, so people won't need to buy electricity from their local electric utilities company or buy electricity from disposable battery companies like Duracell and Energizer.

This will be a long way away if it ever does happen. I can't imagine how useful solar panels on devices like laptops would be. They would have to be really good solar panels to power it for long enough

I don't think you can make your own without it being too much of a hassle.

I don't think you can make your own without it being too much of a hassle.

This is true, I imagine that making your own electricity will be a hassle, and expensive. But, I can see some people generating electricity as a hobby or don't want to only rely on their electricity utilities company which may have blackouts and poor service which may not be their fault because a earthquake or forest fire caused the electricity to go out.

Well, not exactly.
I have a power bank with a solar panel but it takes forever to get it charged that way. I use electricity to charge it
...... So.....

Well, not exactly.
I have a power bank with a solar panel but it takes forever to get it charged that way. I use electricity to charge it
...... So.....

A Solar power bank sounds useful for when there is a long power outage because the electric company or your home's power is broken.

I only have a solar powered calculator which is useful for doing math when there is light in a room.

A Solar power bank sounds useful for when there is a long power outage because the electric company or your home's power is broken.

I only have a solar powered calculator which is useful for doing math when there is light in a room.
I would never recommend solar power banks to people here.
The temperature ranges from 20C to 28C here and it takes the power bank forever to get charged and it's easy with an electric charger to get it charged.

I would never recommend solar power banks to people here.
The temperature ranges from 20C to 28C here and it takes the power bank forever to get charged and it's easy with an electric charger to get it charged.

Thanks for the tip. I agree solar power on small devices can take a long time to charge batteries unless the solar panels are very big, and there is a lot of light from the sun or bright lights.

Thanks for the tip. I agree solar power on small devices can take a long time to charge batteries unless the solar panels are very big, and there is a lot of light from the sun or bright lights.
Indeed and even for houses....it's too expensive.
Not to mention that if it gets cloudy four days, nothing would work...

Back