Will small cars be more popular if there is a lot of crime?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Most cheap cars are smaller in size. Many People with less money may more likely buy a cheap small car which they can afford to buy, so they can protect themselves and their car passengers from criminals with knives, hammers, acid, pepper spray and other non-gun and exploding weapons when a cheap car owner and passengers are inside their car.

I think small cars maybe more popular if there is suddenly a lot of crime because some small cars like lightweight sports cars and some smaller family cars can more easily and quickly drive through small narrow roads, tight corners, curvy roads and more easily drive around other cars and avoid objects like trees and rocks. The small size of a small car can be useful to more quickly escape from criminals with weapon, and driving a bigger slower car which is more difficult to drive in small roads and alleys.

Getting into a smaller car can be faster than a lifted/tall truck where a shorter person may need to climb into a tall car instead of quickly jumping into a small car, so it may take a few extra seconds to climb into a very tall car. Saving a few extra seconds hoping into a small car can help passengers escape from criminals with a knife or sword.

Small cars usually cost less money than a bigger car, so fewer robbers would want to steal a small car which is worth less money, and may feel the small car is less likely to have valuable objects like gold, expensive electronics, and money in a cheap small car.sma

It is also cheaper to fully replace a stolen cheap small car, or repair it if a criminal like a robber, rioter, or vandal decide to damage, vandalize, or steal your cheap small car.

It is also possible to park "very" small cars like Smart cars into rooms like the kitchen in some houses or hide the car behind boxes if you are afraid car thieves will steal your car when you are away from your car.

It usually cost less money to bulletproof a small car than a huge truck/suv or bigger car, On a small car, there is less metal, plasic and glass which can be hit by a bullet from a criminals' gun, so it would be easier to avoid getting hit by a bullet, and repairing a small car's body struck with a bullet will cost less when there us less metal and glass to repair in a small car.

Last edited:
I think a car thief is a car thief. They will steal anything they want to.

I read online on These Were the 10 Most Stolen Cars in America Last Year that the top 10 most stolen cars are trucks like the Ford F-150, and regular size 4 door family cars like the Chevy Impala.

There are not any very small cars like the Fiat 500, Smart car, Chevy Spark, etc in the top most stolen car list for America list, so owning a mini car may make the owner of a mini car less likely to be a victim of car robbery.

I think one of the reasons small cars are not stolen as often is because taller and overweight car thieves may not comfortably fit in the drivers seat or the car feels too small for them. Some car theives may feel very small cars are scary and unsafe to drive, and they may get seriously injured or dead if a large police car crash into them during a police car chase. Most cheap small cars also are too slow to escape a faster police car, so stealing a small car to escape from a police car is usually not possible.

But, it is still a good idea to install an alarm system in a mini car, and use steering wheel locks like "The Club" to prevent thieves from driving away with a mini car.

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't be so sure.
Wouldn't it make more sense to get a bigger car and avoid such things by getting a robust one?
Also a bigger car might have an escape route as it's not very easy... For people to surround it

Well, I wouldn't be so sure.
Wouldn't it make more sense to get a bigger car and avoid such things by getting a robust one?
Also a bigger car might have an escape route as it's not very easy... For people to surround it

This is true. A bigger car is harder to suround with people and smaller cars. Cars with big wheels and tires which can climb rocky roads, stairs, sand, and dirt roads can also escape from criminals who are using a less powerful small cars with small wheels and low ride hieght which can get stuck in mud, dirt, and snow.

I feel many poor people who mainly walk, bus, bike, or drive a motorcycle may decide to buy a cheap small car if there is suddenly more street crime like robbery, and the only car they can afford is a cheap small car. A small car with doors, glass windows, and a roof offers more protection from a criminal with a knife, kidnappers, and robbers who want to steal a victims' vehicle and things.

I think the reason why small cars are less stolen have more to do with how unpopular or “uncool” they are to the average person than any deep or underlying factor. Nobody wants to steal a Yaris because it’s considered dorky, but an F150 is more desirable for most people, not to mention the higher resale value.

Honestly, if small cars becoming more popular would increase theft of these cars than decrease overall car thefts.

Back