Will smaller/mini desktops and laptops always be less popular than full size PC?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think there is a chance that smaller and mini desktops will never get a huge amount of users like mini consoles like the Playstation TV/Vita TV, and the Ouya which both never became very popular like the PS3, PS4 Xbox One, and Xbox 360.

I think people still prefer a bigger more powerful desktop and laptop with more RAM, a faster CPU, more storage, a faster video card, and more features to play HD and 4K video and games on their HD and 4K monitors.

A mini-desktop and mini-laptop usually does not have the speed to do as many things as a Full size Gaming Desktop, and laptop, or even an average sized home computer with 6GB of RAM, and faster CPU like Intel Core i5.

As long as I have the room, I rather go with a full size desktop since I don't have to worry about heat issues.

As long as I have the room, I rather go with a full size desktop since I don't have to worry about heat issues.

I think the heat issues of smaller desktops are not as common because the CPU, RAM, and graphics chips are setup to run at a slower speed, so they don't overheat. But, some smaller computers can be frustrating to use if you use a lot of big programs like video editors because smaller computers don't meet the recommended system requirements, so they don't run, or run very slowly.

Back