Will Smart speakers like Amazon Echo ever have the option to plug in a monitor/TV?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible that more smart speakers like Amazon Echo will have a video port like HDMI to plug in a monitor which can be used for displaying text, images, and videos.

Adding a video port to a smart speaker is probably very affordable since I seen some cheap $100 pc, tablets and phones with a HDMI video port. I think some smart speakers like Amazon Echo may some day come with a video port, so people who are deaf and hard of hearing can read the answers, subtitles from songs, from a smart speaker.

Last edited:
I hope so.

I would probably use it at some point and I would love to see that feature Incorporated in it

I would use a smart speaker if I can turn it into a Mini PC with a monitor, keyboard, and mouse support instead of just voice support.

You can do this with a Chromecast and a Google Home Mini right now can't you? You can tell the Mini to play something on your chromecast and it will put it on your TV

You can do this with a Chromecast and a Google Home Mini right now can't you? You can tell the Mini to play something on your chromecast and it will put it on your TV

I think it is possible to use Chromecast and Home together to tell it to play something on a TV.

I probably still prefer using a HDMI video cable to plug in a smart speaker into a monitor which is closed by since there maybe less slowdown problems related to wifi.

Back