Will social networking and online video apps/programs always be less popular with PC users?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
The social networking programs and online video apps I seen for Windows don't seem very good to use, so I think many people prefer the web browser version of the social network or online video site.

Many people use social networks to share articles, pictures, and videos from other social networks and websites. I think a tabbed web browser like Firefox and Chrome is still one of the simplest, and most reliable ways to easily post content from one website tab/window to another website tab/window.

I think a lot of PC users feel safer using a web browser to login to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Reddit because you can pick your own web browser which you feel is safer and more secure to use. Users also see the Lock symbol and HTTPS text in the address bar on web browser when logging into a secure login site.

There are also add-ons like NoScript, HTTPS everywhere, and VPN/proxy add-on which can make users feel more secure.

Plus, there is less of a risk of sharing your username and password for Facebook when you use a web browser unlike an app where you maybe sharing your username and password with the App makers, the App store, other companies, and hackers who have access to the connection.

I always view the icons as being lazy, are people just too good to bookmark their sites?

I always view the icons as being lazy, are people just too good to bookmark their sites?

Some icons/apps have notifications which notify people when a member on the social network is live streaming on the site, or made a new posts. But, many social networks also have desktop and browser notifications, and e-mail notifications, so the app is not needed.

I agree the icons are lazy. Bookmarking a site is not hard these days, and only require people to move their mouse to the address or menu bar, and click the add bookmark button which is usually a star, or bookmark symbol.

Many laptops, and some touchscreens have touchscreens, so user just need to tap on the bookmark button which can be more convenient than moving your mouse.

Back