Will some nicer electric car owners drive a cheap gas car to drive to places with more crime?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel some luxury electric car drivers who own luxury electric cars like a Tesla Model S will buy, rent, or borrow a cheaper gas car like Toyota Corolla to drive in neighborhoods with a reputation of having more crime.

Driving a nicer car like a Tesla Model S in neighborhoods with more crime like car theft can make it more likely for someone to become a crime victim from criminals who want to hurt and steal from people with nice cars.

I saw online videos recorded by Tesla electric car owners who say that average people think they are richer when driving their car. Looking rich may attract more attentions from criminals like robbers who may want to steal their car.

Well, in order to not to attract any attention, people does that often.

High crime rate places must not be taken lightly and it's better to take our own precautions

I also feel running out of electricity while driving an electric car in a place with more car robbery, and violent crime can be dangerous since you can't quickly add more energy into your car by quickly pouring in gas in a gas tank from a gas container like a gas can stored in your trunk, or quickly go to a nearby gas station to pump gas in a gas car.

Finding an electrical car charging station, and waiting many hours for an electric car to fully charge or have enough charge to drive to a safer location.

The loud gas engine noises of a gas car may help attract attention from the police and other people which may rescue you if they see and hear your car quickly driving away from a criminals which are chasing you. But, an electric car is more silent, so it makes less noise when driving away from criminals, so people and the police may not notice you are driving away from criminals if they can't hear your car as easily.

Last edited:
If you got to drive somewhere with crime, you shouldn't go there at all.

If you got to drive somewhere with crime, you shouldn't go there at all.

I agree it is best to not go to places with crime. But, a lot of people are not lucky, and maybe born in a city with a lot of crime, or have to go to school or work in an area with a lot of crime.

Sometimes the police and government is having a hard time catching criminals like gangsters, robbers, and killers because there are too many to catch, and not enough police.

Back