Will the Android and iOS version of a game cost the same as PC and console versions in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think there is a possibility that the Android and iOS versions of games which also has a PC and console version of the game will cost the same for mobile, console, and PC.

Game makers need to make enough money to continue making games by hiring programmers, graphic artists, audio staff, and other staff, and also pay for non-staff related bills like web hosting for their website, electricity, heating, taxes, food, and their workplace building.

One of the ways of making more money is to sell the game for the same price or similar prices for all devices, and operating systems.

Hrmmm, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Right now 3DS games cost about $40 new so I think they might get to that price one day, not console price unless there is a large shift in money value.

Hrmmm, lets not get ahead of ourselves. Right now 3DS games cost about $40 new so I think they might get to that price one day, not console price unless there is a large shift in money value.

I think downloadable digital game titles which cost $20 or less maybe the same price for mobile, console, PC, and other gaming systems may cost the same because some game makers may want to earn the same amount of money from games on all systems because the game maker spent a lot of time, and money making the game.

The price of older console game titles which got re-made for mobile and PC seem to cost the same, or close to the same prices as the older greatest hits game discs.

The price of some SquareEnix mobile games like Final Fantasy IX cost $30 on Google Play Android games store which is kind of expensive for an older PSX game discs which probably cost $19.99 when it became an older greatest hits title for the PSX.

Last edited:
Back