Will the Internet Cafe/Paid Public computers still exist in a few years?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling

Yes, I think there will be people who are willing to pay a few dollars an hour to use a good computer at an internet cafe. There are still a lot of people who can't afford a good computer or game console to play PC games like Grand Theft Auto 5, Dota 2, League of Legends, etc. There are also many people who can't afford a fast internet connection at home, so they use computers with a fast connection at an internet cafe.

I also think internet cafes are cleaner, and more enjoyable than using a public computers at the public library because fewer people use the computers at an internet cafe, and the computers at an internet cafe are sometimes Gaming PCs because most people these days go to an internet Cafe to play online multiplayer games.

Plus, there are always people who don't like staying home because they don't like their wife, husband, parents, or room mates. Internet Cafe are one place to hang out away from home for people who dislike staying home for different reasons.

I think they have definitely decreased in popularity with more affordable computers and internet. I don't think they'll last much longer, maybe a few people will still use them, but not enough to keep it in business. I think public library computers will stay around though.

I think they have definitely decreased in popularity with more affordable computers and internet. I don't think they'll last much longer, maybe a few people will still use them, but not enough to keep it in business. I think public library computers will stay around though.

I agree fewer people will not use internet cafe in the future. But, I think poorer countries in South America, Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, and the Middle East may still use Internet Cafe because some places don't have affordable internet, electricity, and computers.

I think some Internet Cafe also sell things like food and drinks to make money to help pay the staff, rent, and other expenses.

One of the good things about Internet Cafe is that you usually don't need to wait for a computer like at the public library or school which only has a few computers, and a lot of people waiting in line to use a computer.

I also think internet cafe are more fun because there are a lot of games installed on their Gaming PCs in the Internet Cafe. Some libraries don't allow you to play any games including web games on their PC.

Kind of hard to say, just depends on the area. I know they won't vanish from Asian countries. People's homes are in internet cafes.

Kind of hard to say, just depends on the area. I know they won't vanish from Asian countries. People's homes are in internet cafes.

I agree internet cafe won't vanish from Asian countries because of the popularity of online games like MMORPGs, and MOBA games like Dota 2 and League of Legends. I think Internet Cafe are also popular in South America because affordable reliable fast internet in homes is less common compared to other countries. I bet, PC gaming is also popular with young people in South America.

I think competitive eSports gaming is also keeping internet cafes alive because hardcore gamers can challenge local Pro-level gamers at the Internet Cafe instead of just gaming with random people on the internet at home which maybe less enjoyable.

I've never been to a cafe really, don't want to either as I know some greasy people hang out there.

I been to an internet cafe a few times to play PC Games like Warcraft 3 with my friend. It was clean the few times I been there.

I agree there could be some dirty people at an internet cafe. But, I did not meet any dirty people at the internet cafe when I was there the few times I was there.

I feel the computers at public schools, and libraries are more dirty because anyone can use them for free without paying, and being asked to leave if they are too dirty because it is a public place.

If the internet cafe's owner wants a successful internet cafe with many happy customers, the internet cafe will not let people who are dirty and smelly into their Internet cafe.

I think Internet Cafe in Asia may have fewer dirty people since most Asian people seem very clean.

I don't see why not. Although they may not be as popular as before, there are still people who can't afford an internet connection at home, but still need to look something up online.

There are also people who can't afford to buy online multiplayer games which people play at internet cafe which can get pretty expensive if the PC game is new, and you buy a lot of games with online multiplayer modes. A good Gaming PC can also cost many hundreds to a few thousand dollars depending on what parts are in a PC.

I feel in the future, using the internet may require a faster computer because some websites will have more animation, 3D graphics, and interactive features to keep its visitors entertained, so some poor people maybe forced to go to use the computers at an internet cafe to visit more modern websites with animation, 3D graphics, and interactive features. I imagine, in the future, there would be websites which need 8GB of RAM, a faster CPU, and faster video card to run smoothly without slowdown problems.

I remember in the 1990s, things like animated gifs, flash animations, online video, and other stuff on websites can slowdown most computers with only 32MB of RAM,a 200 MHz Intel Pentium 1 CPU, and a very slow video chip. Back in the past, some people probably used the computers at the internet cafe because their home computer was too slow to visit certain websites, or even run a web browser at a good speed.

I believe so.....
Or....it depends. A phone can't really replace a computer for me...but that's not the case for many other people....
So, may be they would still exist hopefully.....

Back