Will there be as many new popular mobile games in 2020?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Unfortunately, I feel there maybe fewer popular new mobile games this year because of the Coronavirus lockdown causing people to lose their jobs, and work at home which can make it harder for some mobile game makers to finish making a mobile game on time espiecally very big mobile games like Pokemon Go which needs a lot of workers to finish the game.

Last edited:
There will be some people working like crazy at home now to try and make an app or phone game for a good cash in. Have faith.

Depends, I know sometimes you do have to meet up to make these games happen, depends if that can be avoided or not.

I heard the Coronavirus lockdown is making it more difficult for people to videochat for work or school because of so many people using the internet at once, so I feel mibile game companies with many workers will have slowdown problems when video chating and sharing large game files over the internet. Some big mobile games like Gameloft Asphalt 9 can be over 1 GB in size. Sharing the installer and uncompress game files over the internet is a lot slower than using a USB drive or faster work wi-fi network to share game files.

Some workers may not be used to working on their own at home by using the internet, and get easily distracted by a pet, and loud neighbors which may make it more likely for workers to have a harder time making games.

I feel mobile games with custom recorded music and unique features like real video cut scenes, human voiceovers from actors, and HD graphics maybe more difficult to finish because of social distancing laws which prevent people from working in the same room unless they are essential workers like police, fire department, hospitals, and grocery stores.

Back