Will there be more car companies which make electric cars vs traditional gas cars in the future?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think it is possible that there would be more car companies which choose to make electric cars than gas cars in the future. Some of the newer car companies like Tesla, Faraday Electric, Sparrow, etc only make electric cars, so I think most of the new car companies only make electric cars because there is less competition in the electric car category compared to gas cars where a lot of people mainly buy used gas cars, or a gas car from a bigger car brand like Ford, Toyota, and Honda. There are probably enough cheap reliable $5000 to $10000 used gas cars for most people to buy, so there maybe fewer people who buy new gas cars in the future, so car makers may make more electric cars because there are fewer used electric cars for drivers to buy.

More car companies may choose to build electric cars because there are no gas environmental and safety laws and inspections which electric car makers need to follow because electric car runs on electricity which are not affected by gas environmental and safety laws which gas car makers need to strictly follow to avoid lawsuits related to gas pollution and gas fires from a leaking gas tank and gas fires. I think battery fires in cars are less common than gas fires in cars because car batteries won't catch on fire from from a lit cigarette like gas cars which sometimes catch on fire when people smoke a cigarette while filling up their gas car at a gas station.

Electric motors also have fewer parts than a gas engine, so basic lightweight electric cars maybe cheaper to make, and sell.

Electric cars also seem to be the future because of high gas prices, and environmental and health problems caused by burning gas and diesel in cars and trucks.

With the kind of technology we have there's no doubt there'll be more companies to make electric cars. These will give consumers an option also which is a good thing.

I think in the future car manufactuters will focus on developing cars that runs on renewal energy. They will be using biogas, electricity, and solar power. In the future, fossil fuel will become more expensive because most of thr oil reserves will dry up. In the future there will be a growing concern about environment, therefore, people will not use fossil fule that leaves carbon footprints.

I think electricity would be the main choice of renewable energy for most car drivers which spend most of the time in a city, and short drives to neighboring towns. Solar and Wind power and cheaper batteries to store extra un-used electricity may make the price of electricity cheaper than the current price of electricity. As the price of electric car chargers become cheaper, more houses, buildings, and parking lots will have car chargers like how many houses now have electricity, internet and telephone service. Some home owners may even rent their car charger and parking space to other electric car owners, so the charger owner can earn money when the owner of the house is not using his charger.

Over time, most business owners like restaurants, shopping malls, etc may install car chargers to let customers to use for free, so customers are more likely to shop at their store rather than go to another store, or buy stuff online at sites like Amazon or eBay.

Some government also give many thousands of dollars to electric and hybrid car buyers to help pay for their car, and don't require electric car buyers to do yearly gas pollution inspections like gas and diesel cars.

I think it will change our traditional vehicles into electronic vehicles because we all know that our ozone layer has a big hole because of the smoke produced by vehicles. And ofcourse, smokes will affect our health like we can have a severe sickness like asthma, tuberculosis, etc.

I think the O Zone layer in the sky also help prevent humans from skin cancer. Hopefully, electric cars and vehicles like electric bikes help in making the O Zone not disappear as fast, and the O Zone can be repaired someday.

The heat from gas cars' engine may cause heat related problems like making the environment's water dry up faster because heat makes water dry up faster by turning it into steam, and may make people in hot countries more easily suffer from heat related health problems like dehydration and heat stroke when they walk past a hot roads with many hot running cars which heat up the environment.

There's possibilities but I think it's really hard to do that. Some oil companies will never allowed that to happen. There was already hydro car, but the government don't want to develop it, because oil business manipulate this car industries.

There's possibilities but I think it's really hard to do that. Some oil companies will never allowed that to happen. There was already hydro car, but the government don't want to develop it, because oil business manipulate this car industries.

I feel battery makers like Duracell, Energizer, Panasonic, and Samsung and electric car motor companies will use advertisements to try to convince buyers that electric cars can hold enough electricity to drive to work and school, and driving an electric car can save the owner more money and time after driving an electric car for years because electric motors don't have as many breakable moving parts and require regular motor oil and air filter changes a few times a year like a gas engine. Electricity prices are cheaper in many cities than gas prices which is now almost $3 a gallon in the US, so some drivers are paying hundreds of dollars for gas every month if they drive a lot, and use more than 34 gallons in gas per month.

I think most regular car companies will build electric cars because fewer people maybe buying as many new gas cars when they can buy a cheap used gas cars for a few hundred to a thousand dollars or getting a free used gas car from their relatives who no longer drives because of old age or a disability preventing them from driving. But, there are not as many affordable used electric cars because not many electric cars where sold in the past. New electric car makers may have more buyers because there are fewer used electric cars for people to buy.

I agree and i think its for the better, renewable energy is the best way to do it. It's a win-win solution both for people and the environment. The only thing to do is reduce the cost of manufacturing and start a more efficient advertising.
Although there are innovations and improvements in electric cars, i think they still need to work on the power storage capacity feature.

I agree and i think its for the better, renewable energy is the best way to do it. It's a win-win solution both for people and the environment. The only thing to do is reduce the cost of manufacturing and start a more efficient advertising.
Although there are innovations and improvements in electric cars, i think they still need to work on the power storage capacity feature.

I agree, I think the cost of larger electric car batteries also need to be more affordable, and electric cars use lighter materials like aluminium, carbon fiber, and fiber glass, so electric cars can go longer without needing to charge the battery from 1% to 100% power.

Having more car chargers built-into garages, parking lots, and street parking can make owning an electric car more convenient for people who use their car a lot, and rarely are at home to fully charge their car battery.

I feel battery makers like Duracell, Energizer, Panasonic, and Samsung and electric car motor companies will use advertisements to try to convince buyers that electric cars can hold enough electricity to drive to work and school, and driving an electric car can save the owner more money and time after driving an electric car for years because electric motors don't have as many breakable moving parts and require regular motor oil and air filter changes a few times a year like a gas engine. Electricity prices are cheaper in many cities than gas prices which is now almost $3 a gallon in the US, so some drivers are paying hundreds of dollars for gas every month if they drive a lot, and use more than 34 gallons in gas per month.

I think most regular car companies will build electric cars because fewer people maybe buying as many new gas cars when they can buy a cheap used gas cars for a few hundred to a thousand dollars or getting a free used gas car from their relatives who no longer drives because of old age or a disability preventing them from driving. But, there are not as many affordable used electric cars because not many electric cars where sold in the past. New electric car makers may have more buyers because there are fewer used electric cars for people to buy.
I think they should start to install some electricity station or something like gasoline station. This one should be establish first. That's gonna be the first problem of buying this electricity car.

I agree, I think the cost of larger electric car batteries also need to be more affordable, and electric cars use lighter materials like aluminium, carbon fiber, and fiber glass, so electric cars can go longer without needing to charge the battery from 1% to 100% power.

Having more car chargers built-into garages, parking lots, and street parking can make owning an electric car more convenient for people who use their car a lot, and rarely are at home to fully charge their car battery.

Your right, the availability of charging stations will make difference to make electric cars more efficient. There are some innovations like fast charging and increase in storage capacity but still they need to improve the technology to go toe to toe with conventional cars.

But electric cars will take some time just to charge. I don't think e-vehicles will win over gas cars at this time.

I think electric car where you can easily replace the empty battery with a fully charge battery at a car battery store can make it more convenient for people who need to charge their car more than once a day, and don't have the time to wait for their battery to charge.

I read online comments on car blogs from electric car owners who drive shorter distances don't need to charge their car as often where it becomes inconvenient for them because the range of their electric car battery is enough for their driving needs to work and school which is close to their home, and there are chargers close to their work and shopping centers.

Back