Will there ever be game consoles which are smaller than mini consoles?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It is possible that there maybe consoles which are super small like the size of a Micro SD card if there is a way to plug it into a TV with a tiny thin cable, and power the console with a small power cable.

How small is a raspberry pi? They can be made into a full working console.

How small is a raspberry pi? They can be made into a full working console.

It is the size of a small stack of buisness cards, or playing cards if you include the thickness of the Ethernet and HDMI port.

There is a very small version of the Pi, but it is very slow.

Some people made the Raspberry pi into a console. But, most mini consoles are not popular except Nintendo mini consoles like the Snes mini.

It is the size of a small stack of buisness cards, or playing cards if you include the thickness of the Ethernet and HDMI port.

There is a very small version of the Pi, but it is very slow.

Some people made the Raspberry pi into a console. But, most mini consoles are not popular except Nintendo mini consoles like the Snes mini.

that's because the Nintendo mini consoles have history.

I don't think so.
I think rather that Switch-like consoles will emerge from Sony and Microsoft within the next few years.

There has been a little concept drawing of a Switch-like PlayStation shortly after the Switch launched.
But since there's no mention about that on Sony's dev portals, I won't be able to confirm this as true or false.

Back