Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
There are 650 Pocket Monsters. That's a lot. So Game Freak, the studio behind Pokémon, should be running out of ideas for new Pocket Monsters any day now, right?

Wrong. Pokémon: Black and White art director Ken Sugimori told the Official Nintendo Magazine that there are still new Pokémon ideas.

"It's not only myself designing new Pokémon—we have about 20 people in our team at Game Freak who design Pokémon, so if every one of them came up with 10 Pokémon ideas, it's going to be 200," said Sugimori. "And that will make a lot of Pokémon designs."

New Game Freak developers also bring in new Pokémon ideas. If that doesn't work, there's always this guide how to make fake Pokémon.

source

there only 350 pokemon away from 1000, what would the 1000th pokemon look like?

I'm sorry but most of the "new" pokemon look bad... I think the first 151 ones were the best. They actually resembled animals etc. now they just have robots and complex forms.. :thumbsup:

I am sure they will stop making Pokemon eventually, but not for several years...they will probably stop once they reach 1,000. And 1,000 will be some amazingly awesome pokemon.

Back