Will we ever get a more unique Yoshi game?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I'm not sure if unique is the best word here, but as people probably know, the Yoshi series hasn't ever really escaped Mario's shadow as a spinoff.

Donkey Kong and Wario have new casts and settings, Yoshi games tend to characters from the Mario series and a very much familiar setting. Donkey Kong and Wario have unique villains that don't show up in mainstream Mario titles... Yoshi just has Kamek and Bowser.

But will this ever change? Will we ever get a 'true' Yoshi title, one that has nothing to do with the Mario franchise and that gives Yoshi his own story, supporting cast, villain, settings, etc?

What do you think?

I like how the Yoshi series works now. I mean I don't see anything wrong with Yoshi not having different bosses and characters. He's Mario's pet dinosaur/protector. I mean if they did change Yoshi to fight someone new, I wouldn't complain, but I like it how it is now.

I would like it if Birdo would be apart of the Yoshi games, so the game can also be attractive to girls (Let's just say Birdo is a girl), playable though, Bowser would never kidnap that thing.

There should also be a new character introduced for just Yoshi, maybe a villain or another sidekick.

But we know it's just Yoshi and the babies, but maybe there are new babies in Yoshi's Island 3? (Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby Wario, Baby Peach, Baby Donkey Kong, Baby Daisy and Baby Bowser are the babies obv, with Daisy as a new one)

Forgetting about the new Yarn game?

That, like the Kirby game, should not be considered since they take away from the series, more than give. Kirby can't take away abilites, making the game not as fun. Yoshi can't make eggs, one of his signature things. Don't know what they're thinking. I mean the game would be fine if it didn't take away abilities he could use since the beginning.

I really think there needs to be a game like Yoshi's Story though. That was fun. Like a pop up story book.

That, like the Kirby game, should not be considered since they take away from the series, more than give. Kirby can't take away abilites, making the game not as fun. Yoshi can't make eggs, one of his signature things. Don't know what they're thinking. I mean the game would be fine if it didn't take away abilities he could use since the beginning.

I really think there needs to be a game like Yoshi's Story though. That was fun. Like a pop up story book.

I disagree about the yarn games, just because they're different doesn't mean they aren't part of the series. But I do agree that they need to make a new Yoshi's Story.

Back