Will you buy a Micro-console like the Nvidia Shield TV, Apple TV if it uses a AMD or Intel CPU?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I would buy an AMD or Intel micro game console as long as it has a lot of good games for it, it is reliable and it is affordable where it cost $250 or less.

I think it would be nice to have a Micro-console which has an Intel or AMD CPU, and runs Steam OS, Linux or Windows 10, so I can play PC games on a TV with a micro-console with a controller. Plus, I can also dual-boot Android TV on it to play Android TV games on a TV.

Does the hardware really matter? As long as it gives way to good software not much else matters.

Does the hardware really matter? As long as it gives way to good software not much else matters.

I think hardware does not really matter, and have a lot of high quality games matter the most. The 3DS, Gameboy, and DS did not have the most advance hardware, but out sold many handhelds with better hardware.

In the past, consoles with good hardware like the Sega Dreamcast, and Panasonic 3DO were not very successful because they did not have many good games. The original Xbox 1 had good hardware, but never really gained a huge audience, and slower consoles with slower hardware outsold it.

Maybe I would, but probably not in the near future. I would probably not buy an Apple TV though, as I'm sure that all the games Apple makes will be overpriced...

I think a lot of the games for Apple TV are from iOS, and there are a lot of free ad supported games, and in-app purchases. Most games for iOS cost under $5, and you maybe able to play some iOS games which you bought on the iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch on the Apple TV.

Nvidia sheild does look promising, but the competition would be very high for them as they have to compete with major console race!

Nvidia sheild does look promising, but the competition would be very high for them as they have to compete with major console race!

The Nvidia Shield can stream PC games from a Gaming PC with a faster Nvidia video card like the Nvidia 650 or 750, so it is a nice micro-console to have for easily streaming PC games to a TV. It can also play older console, and PC titles which got ported to Android on Shield.

I also like that it is possible to use Android apps, and games on the Shield.

Back