will you use miiverse on 3ds?

I would give it a bit of a test run to see what It's like. I'm excited to see what things they have. (Miiverse is out now BTW.)

EDIT: Credit card just to sign up for it...?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's a little limited, like being unable to add friends or message through it, but that's not unexpected after the Swapnote Debacle. I've already used it to make posts and I see you still do drawings, so I'm mostly happy with it. I'm sure as they develop it, they'll figure out how to add features.

I was a little annoyed with the whole 'This is totally catering to children throughout the whole setup and you need a parent to do it for you!' stuff throughout the setup though. It really shows how deeply confused Nintendo is by who's using their game systems...

It's actually Nintendo's first good decision in awhile. 3DS owners can see all of the Wii U communities and want to buy a Wii U more. (EARTHBOUND!)

Like Miiverse Wii U, I won't use it for anything, but hey I like the connection the eshop money. Other than that though, I've never liked the idea of Miiverse so I won't check it or anything.

It's a little limited, like being unable to add friends or message through it, but that's not unexpected after the Swapnote Debacle. I've already used it to make posts and I see you still do drawings, so I'm mostly happy with it. I'm sure as they develop it, they'll figure out how to add features.

I was a little annoyed with the whole 'This is totally catering to children throughout the whole setup and you need a parent to do it for you!' stuff throughout the setup though. It really shows how deeply confused Nintendo is by who's using their game systems...

yessss i hated the "hey kids dont forget to show your parents blablabla"

i don't mind miiverse so far i enjoy making little doodles and uploading pics.

I agree though i feel very left out due to nintendo constantly catering to kids, i mean even in super mario 3d land i felt like i was being treated like a child.. "don't forget to take a break!" shut up lol

I would give it a bit of a test run to see what It's like. I'm excited to see what things they have. (Miiverse is out now BTW.)

EDIT: Credit card just to sign up for it...?

huh thats strange i didnt need to do that

I haven't gotten it yet because I have limited internet but I intend to get it as soon as possible.

I tried it the moment the update finished for me 2 mornings ago. Miiverse on the 3DS is the sorriest thing to ever be vomited into the universe of social networks. It is an unorganized jumble of off-topic, unreplyable posts by mostly immature attention-whores.

To begin with, I clicked on the Zelda board expecting to maybe see a nice layout where I could peruse topics like on this forum. I was hoping to maybe find something like "StreetPass meet-ups for Shadow battles" or something. No! What I found was that after choosing Zelda that was it! no sub-options! Just over a million posts, mostly off-topic, with no organization to them whatsoever. I could "yeah" and "unyeah" which, in itself, is the DUMBEST choice of a wording. I can't reply to any, so even if someone DID post something like they lived near me I couldn't even notify them. I could TRY to post a reply with their username in my message by creating a new message, but chances are it would be lost in the many pictures of the female Pokémon trainer from X and Y, "Yay! My first miiverse post", or other such nonsensical swill that was being mass-produced like an insanely driven factory of stupidity.

It would be a good idea for one of our mods or Admins to make a topic in this new forum-like application in an attempt to recruit the people there. They may find something over here that miiverse is lacking, such as a community or just friends to chat with on occasions. We should take advantage of this opportunity to expand this already awesome site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried it the moment the update finished for me 2 mornings ago. Miiverse on the 3DS is the sorriest thing to ever be vomited into the universe of social networks. It is an unorganized jumble of off-topic, unreplyable posts by mostly immature attention-whores.

To begin with, I clicked on the Zelda board expecting to maybe see a nice layout where I could peruse topics like on this forum. I was hoping to maybe find something like "StreetPass meet-ups for Shadow battles" or something. No! What I found was that after choosing Zelda that was it! no sub-options! Just over a million posts, mostly off-topic, with no organization to them whatsoever. I could "yeah" and "unyeah" which, in itself, is the DUMBEST choice of a wording. I can't reply to any, so even if someone DID post something like they lived near me I couldn't even notify them. I could TRY to post a reply with their username in my message by creating a new message, but chances are it would be lost in the many pictures of the female Pokémon trainer from X and Y, "Yay! My first miiverse post", or other such nonsensical swill that was being mass-produced like an insanely driven factory of stupidity.

I suppose it isn't the best(far from it, really..) compared to other things and the community is mostly full of children...so these things are to be expected,unfortunately.

and I agree, some organization and slowing it down so your post isn't lost in the dark abyss would definitely be great..that's a nice point, I never really thought about it(just kind of went with it).

It's strange that you cant seem to reply to people? I have had no problem with replying to posts, :/

maybe miiverse would be a lot better if it were a forum similar to this one :b and...ya know...if we could actually message people/send friend requests ffs...

I suppose it isn't the best(far from it, really..) compared to other things and the community is mostly full of children...so these things are to be expected,unfortunately.

and I agree, some organization and slowing it down so your post isn't lost in the dark abyss would definitely be great..that's a nice point, I never really thought about it(just kind of went with it).

It's strange that you cant seem to reply to people? I have had no problem with replying to posts, :/

maybe miiverse would be a lot better if it were a forum similar to this one :b and...ya know...if we could actually message people/send friend requests ffs...

When you say you have no problem, I assume you mean on the Wii U replying to people. Because Nintendo announced months ago that the 3DS would not have the ability to reply, so I doubt it is just me.

It would be a good idea for one of our mods or Admins to make a topic in this new forum-like application in an attempt to recruit the people there. They may find something over here that miiverse is lacking, such as a community or just friends to chat with on occasions. We should take advantage of this opportunity to expand this already awesome site.

I like this idea very much. Totally not being biased at all... lol okay maybe a little, but it's still a good idea xD

When you say you have no problem, I assume you mean on the Wii U replying to people. Because Nintendo announced months ago that the 3DS would not have the ability to reply, so I doubt it is just me.

huh

actually I don't own a wii U :s

I'm talking about replying to peoples public posts/pictures, maybe you are referring to something else haha sorry^^;

huh

actually I don't own a wii U :s

I'm talking about replying to peoples public posts/pictures, maybe you are referring to something else haha sorry^^;

no, that was what i meant. Nintendo said a while back 3DS version wouldn't be able to do that and for me I can see the place to click but it is greyed out and unresponsive.

No, I refuse to. Seems like an attempt to take down internet forums by Nintendo, and I have no interest in using 'official' services for anything.

No, I refuse to. Seems like an attempt to take down internet forums by Nintendo, and I have no interest in using 'official' services for anything.

Okay, so to get this correct.. you support Nintendo but want nothing to do with their first-party things? You don't want to see them ruined yet support the fan games that steal from them. You don't want them to handle their own properties and let others make money off it without a contract obligation or royalties to Nintendo (LPers) yet you want to see Nintendo's profit margin rise? It all sounds kinda hypocritical to me. I'm confused.

Okay, so to get this correct.. you support Nintendo but want nothing to do with their first-party things? You don't want to see them ruined yet support the fan games that steal from them. You don't want them to handle their own properties and let others make money off it without a contract obligation or royalties to Nintendo (LPers) yet you want to see Nintendo's profit margin rise? It all sounds kinda hypocritical to me. I'm confused.

I wouldn't worry overmuch about Miiverse. With it's limit on text length it precludes any detailed discussions, which is what forums excell at, and really only provides a convenient space to share one off screenshots and sillyness. On top of that it lacks all the features that make a real social networking site work well. You can't actually connect with anyone on Miiverse really, it's all prohibited to share any real personal information. It's basically a child friendly Nintendo corral for kids, that lets artists like me share occasional doodles too, or post a silly picture they took in game. From the types of discussions and one off comments I see on Miiverse a lot of times, I wouldn't be overly thrilled if we got a huge influx of poorly spoken kids anyway...

The truly dedicated and more mature fan bases are still going to be looking for more in depth discussions on a better forum for their ideas. I'd be waaaaay more concerned with things like the Group feature on Facebook.

I wouldn't worry overmuch about Miiverse. With it's limit on text length it precludes any detailed discussions, which is what forums excell at, and really only provides a convenient space to share one off screenshots and sillyness. On top of that it lacks all the features that make a real social networking site work well. You can't actually connect with anyone on Miiverse really, it's all prohibited to share any real personal information. It's basically a child friendly Nintendo corral for kids, that lets artists like me share occasional doodles too, or post a silly picture they took in game. From the types of discussions and one off comments I see on Miiverse a lot of times, I wouldn't be overly thrilled if we got a huge influx of poorly spoken kids anyway...

The truly dedicated and more mature fan bases are still going to be looking for more in depth discussions on a better forum for their ideas. I'd be waaaaay more concerned with things like the Group feature on Facebook.

did I ever tell you that I love the way you reply to things? I honestly look forward to your replies.

I agree, Miiverse is nothing to worry about. It is too unorganized and comes off as a poor attempt for Nintendo to enter the social network wars. They have the potential to build it up if they want, but I doubt they will do so without screwing it up completely or taking 3 years to do. As it stands currently, it is nothing more than a Fisher Price's My First FaceBook.

Back