Will you wear anime accessories or jewelry to your work place?

Claraviolet

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Unlock full profile styling
I did. I did wear my little aot necklace as well as phantomhive family crust necklace, straw hat bracelet and aot badge to my office.

I always have itachi badge to my id card and luffy, and some other key chains to my bag. What about you guys?

Not in my current work place, maybe in a future place depending on who works there.

Not in my current work place, maybe in a future place depending on who works there.
Well, I hope your current workplace doesn't forbid it though. It's not like, we are exactly dressing up as street fighters or anything xD
Just feel free to wear them at some point :)

it is a strict place, so yes I couldn't go around with anime gear.
I see. I don't think I know any IT company having that sort of strict rules so I am kinda safe I suppose.
I hope you would get into a great place soon, demon skeith.

I don't do such things (I don't think you should question the jewelry part though).

In Europe having anime accessories at work places are commonly seen as "weeb shit", of course unless the company actually works with this stuff in a way.
Additionally, lolicon related accessories could get you into legal trouble since they commonly fail to see the difference between real children and unreal ones.

In Japan having anime accessories (loli or not) is considered a nerdy thing, though unprofessional in different types of industries.
You'll need to take that in mind too, it's totally fine to have those if you work in a game development company for instance, but in companies with mostly salarymen it's a big no-no.
And if allowed, don't have too much with you, because work space is rather limited in room.

I don't own any anime-themed clothing because there is a chance of meeting a person who would make rude comments about how anime is stupid or weird, and I may end up debating with them on why anime is good or end up being made fun of for liking anime.

I don't do such things (I don't think you should question the jewelry part though).

In Europe having anime accessories at work places are commonly seen as "weeb shit", of course unless the company actually works with this stuff in a way.
Additionally, lolicon related accessories could get you into legal trouble since they commonly fail to see the difference between real children and unreal ones.

In Japan having anime accessories (loli or not) is considered a nerdy thing, though unprofessional in different types of industries.
You'll need to take that in mind too, it's totally fine to have those if you work in a game development company for instance, but in companies with mostly salarymen it's a big no-no.
And if allowed, don't have too much with you, because work space is rather limited in room.
seriously?
Then Indian companies are more lenient and friendly then. We could use whatever we want as long as it doesn't create hostile environment.
There are people in my company who place toys on their desks :)

seriously?
Then Indian companies are more lenient and friendly then. We could use whatever we want as long as it doesn't create hostile environment.
There are people in my company who place toys on their desks :)
The other issue in Japan is that everyone sits down wherever there's a free seat, meaning you have to leave the space in the exact same state as it was when you just sat down.
Having toys on your desk therefore creates the issue that it can take quite a long time to take it all off again. (;^ω^)

The other issue in Japan is that everyone sits down wherever there's a free seat, meaning you have to leave the space in the exact same state as it was when you just sat down.
Having toys on your desk therefore creates the issue that it can take quite a long time to take it all off again. (;^ω^)
Wait a pain...
Wait a sec.. Don't you have your own desk or something like that?
I am taking about an office here

Wait a pain...
Wait a sec.. Don't you have your own desk or something like that?
I am taking about an office here
I'm talking about an office too.
Except that all employees commonly sit at the same desk, regardless of whether it's a manager, a developer, or somebody else.
The difference is that the desk is long enough to fit a whole group of people around it without the need to worry about touching anyone next to you.
After all, room in all of Tokyo is extremely limited, so every centimetre is valuable.

I'm talking about an office too.
Except that all employees commonly sit at the same desk, regardless of whether it's a manager, a developer, or somebody else.
The difference is that the desk is long enough to fit a whole group of people around it without the need to worry about touching anyone next to you.
After all, room in all of Tokyo is extremely limited, so every centimetre is valuable.
Oh god. No cubicles and such. I will die if I were to share like that.
I kinda like having my own desk at my workplace.

You mean those walls between each employee?
Those exist, but only in really big companies.

On one hand the lack of these at my office takes away privacy, because the person next to me can easily see what the hell I'm doing.
But on the other hand it makes it ridiculously easy to ask somebody next to you questions when needed (and since I'm a full stack developer, I'm the one getting asked far more than the other way around).

You mean those walls between each employee?
Those exist, but only in really big companies.

On one hand the lack of these at my office takes away privacy, because the person next to me can easily see what the hell I'm doing.
But on the other hand it makes it ridiculously easy to ask somebody next to you questions when needed (and since I'm a full stack developer, I'm the one getting asked far more than the other way around).
Yup. I like them. My previous cubicle was really big when compared to my present cubicle.
I like my privacy. Full stack developer huh... That's so cool. I always wanted to go in that direction....
That's really great suwako Chan

Yup. I like them. My previous cubicle was really big when compared to my present cubicle.
I like my privacy. Full stack developer huh... That's so cool. I always wanted to go in that direction....
That's really great suwako Chan
Being full stack is really great, since I have full control over each project, and can solve problems without the need to wait for somebody who is able to fix it.

We have teams with people being only frontend and only backend, but often I see problems being created on who is supposed to rely on who.
Did something in the frontend break? → Backend developers can't do their job.
Did something in the backend break? → Frontend developers can't do their job.

All while I can easily work on projects alone, and be ready for production sooner than a team like I mentioned above.

Being full stack is really great, since I have full control over each project, and can solve problems without the need to wait for somebody who is able to fix it.

We have teams with people being only frontend and only backend, but often I see problems being created on who is supposed to rely on who.
Did something in the frontend break? → Backend developers can't do their job.
Did something in the backend break? → Frontend developers can't do their job.

All while I can easily work on projects alone, and be ready for production sooner than a team like I mentioned above.
Yeah but I prefer backend stuff though. It's fun and I don't have to worry about designing and such at all.... Also my artistic sense is pretty weird...
Damn.

Yeah but I prefer backend stuff though. It's fun and I don't have to worry about designing and such at all.... Also my artistic sense is pretty weird...
Damn.
You're actually talking about web designers here, which is not the same as frontend developer.
Though I can understand the misconception, since both jobs are related to what the user sees.
Except that a web designer just styles web apps, while backend and frontend developers makes web apps work properly.

The main difference is that a frontend developer is mostly working on user interaction related programming, like what a certain button does, where the button should be located, what the button does before, after, and while it's being clicked, etc.
A backend developer on the other hand mainly works on a web apps' logic, like getting and storing stuff in the database, calculating data, etc.

I do both of that, and I don't really care about the design (I use a frontend framework that has all the design work done for me) other than the colour scheme, which is from KDE.

I did. I did wear my little aot necklace as well as phantomhive family crust necklace, straw hat bracelet and aot badge to my office.

I always have itachi badge to my id card and luffy, and some other key chains to my bag. What about you guys?

We have a theme day every month in my workplace and there was one time when the theme was anime'. I wore "L's" of Death Note. Why? Because it was the simplest anime clothing that I can think of and I had no time to buy other costumes. Just white long sleeve and pants. I just added eye liner. LOL. I really wanted a spiderman costume that time. Look how simple it is :p:
6a1c62567670052f11158aeb06eb9344.jpg

We have a theme day every month in my workplace and there was one time when the theme was anime'. I wore "L's" of Death Note. Why? Because it was the simplest anime clothing that I can think of and I had no time to buy other costumes. Just white long sleeve and pants. I just added eye liner. LOL. I really wanted a spiderman costume that time. Look how simple it is :p:
6a1c62567670052f11158aeb06eb9344.jpg
I think those are dark circles rather than an eyeliner.

It's kinda weird to even imagine l, doing something like that. I don't think he is interested in anything but sweets. He got a real taste for sweets.

I do have a Kakashi Keychain which I always bring with me, it's attached to my set of keys and I also have some Anime Shirts which I wear but when it comes to other accessories like necklace or rings well I think I'm too old for that.

Back