Will Zora's Domain be unfrozen at last?

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Or will they forget to change that minor issue?

Um what do you mean? Didn't you unfreeze it in TP?

I don't understand what you mean.

In Ocarina of Time the original, Zora's Domain was never unfrozen, correct?

So will it be unfrozen in the remake? Because not being sorted out despite the danger being defeated made it seem like that was an oversight in the Nintendo 64 game.

Oh. Well I don't know about in the 3DS version, but I doubt it.

Oh yea, i forgot about that. too bad every Zora died except the king, the shopkeeper and the guy in the shop. but I doubt it will be normal.

I would expect some minor enhancements, but not much more.

Aren't you guys pumped for this?
biggrin.gif
This is an AWESOME game being shoved into a tiny cartridge. This game will be one of the biggest reasons I go out to buy a 3DS.

I doubt the ice to be gone unless it affect the story somehow or if something important is under the ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a theory, but it's really stupid and would make almost no sense.

So in OoT Zora's Domain was frozen due to Morphia and after Morphia was defeated, Zora's Domain was supposed to go back to being unfrozen. However Nintendo just got lazy and decided not to do it or they were really pressed for time and couldn't.

I also heard of a rumor that under the ice you could find the Triforce, but I've never really seen anything on it, but Miyamoto could have been planning on that because of the triforce in the menu screen, but as said before they got lazy or were pressed for time.

So in other words I mean if either of the 2 things I said are true and they aren't pressed for time it may be unfrozen, but as I said I've never seen anything on the second one. Just read about it.

The Triforce thing is false, and it wouldn't make sense in the story. It's likely however the not unfreezing Zora's Domain thing was really an oversight though, likely as you said due to running out of time.

Zoras Domain was only frozen as Adult Link, reason being is that Gannon took over and wanted to eliminate the Zoras....He succeeded for the most part. It stayed Frozen even after you complete the Temple because what was done had already been done, as for Death Mountain, he was still working on killing off the Gorons.

i had a thought. Unfreezing it would greatly alter the time line. I mean it unfreezes in TP so it unfreezing in the remake would leave a huge gap as to why it is frozen in TP.

i had a thought. Unfreezing it would greatly alter the time line. I mean it unfreezes in TP so it unfreezing in the remake would leave a huge gap as to why it is frozen in TP.

The twilight princess link is not the same link as in Ocarina of time...this is ages in the future...Hyrule changes, of course it unfroze because, remember Link fixes everything by sealing away Ganon...so Gannon taking over hyrule basically "Never happened" (Ocarina of TIME), hence the the Hero of time only spoken of in LEGEND but has never been seen..come on guys pay attention to the storylines.

Well then when you put it that way, none of the Zelda games really happned. OoT is the first in the time line. If the events there never happened basically nothing in the whole series ever happened.

Well then when you put it that way, none of the Zelda games really happned. OoT is the first in the time line. If the events there never happened basically nothing in the whole series ever happened.

*Cracks fingers*

I love doing this type of thing.

OK, it did happen, but only in that future....kinda like what happened in DBZ with future Trunks. Link returns to his own time after he defeats Gannon. Gannon gets sealed in between dimensions..which is why nobody really knows of him either. Link remembers all of it, but the people he has met only have a slight memory of what happened. Kinda like a Deja vu type thing. The games following Oot happened as Link is growing up...Majora's mask takes place in another region (dimension perhaps..) while Gannon is still imprisoned...it also is the last game (to date) where time is involved, so anything following Majoras Mask DID happen, as time was not reverted. The events in Majoras mask happen instantaneously to the people of clock town, and it really feels to them as if the whole thing took 3 days, while in Link's eye's it took much longer, but he keeps on returning to that first day keeping all of his knowledge and aquired items and such. It's a tough concept to understand...but yeah...all the Link's after the ocarina of time/Majora's mask Link...are offspring of the hero of time (and the many girls he probably meets along the way).

Long story short, no games following OOT/MM have time altered, meaning that the people who witness these events, will remember them. Link however always leaves at the end of the Zelda games never to be seen again. He even does it in Twilight princess after the credits, leaving his friends and family...thus continuing the "Legend".

The twilight princess link is not the same link as in Ocarina of time...this is ages in the future...Hyrule changes, of course it unfroze because, remember Link fixes everything by sealing away Ganon...so Gannon taking over hyrule basically "Never happened" (Ocarina of TIME), hence the the Hero of time only spoken of in LEGEND but has never been seen..come on guys pay attention to the storylines.

There are two storyline arguments I usually go by:

1: Split Timeline Theory: This occurs during OoT. When the game ends, the story supposedly splits into two separate timelines, Adult and Child. What you said is known as the Child Timeline, where Link defeats Ganon and then goes back to the past in the Temple of Time, and he and Zelda somehow convince the King not to trust Ganondorf (I'm fuzzy on the details... >_>) and Link heads off to Termina to start the events of Majora's Mask, which subsequently leads into Wind Waker/PH/ST. The other timeline is the Adult Timeline, where Link remains an adult after defeating Ganon and Hyrule is rebuilt. This timeline leads to Twilight Princess, so either Zora's Domain was never unfrozen in all that time or it was and it was re-unfrozen when Ganondorf came back with Zant in the beginning of TP.

2: No Timeline: There is not a timeline beyond direct sequels (i.e. the DS ones) and each game is separate unto itself. But where's the fun there? ;D

There are two storyline arguments I usually go by:

1: Split Timeline Theory: This occurs during OoT. When the game ends, the story supposedly splits into two separate timelines, Adult and Child. What you said is known as the Child Timeline, where Link defeats Ganon and then goes back to the past in the Temple of Time, and he and Zelda somehow convince the King not to trust Ganondorf (I'm fuzzy on the details... >_>) and Link heads off to Termina to start the events of Majora's Mask, which subsequently leads into Wind Waker/PH/ST. The other timeline is the Adult Timeline, where Link remains an adult after defeating Ganon and Hyrule is rebuilt. This timeline leads to Twilight Princess, so either Zora's Domain was never unfrozen in all that time or it was and it was re-unfrozen when Ganondorf came back with Zant in the beginning of TP.

2: No Timeline: There is not a timeline beyond direct sequels (i.e. the DS ones) and each game is separate unto itself. But where's the fun there? ;D

Link goes back to his own time after defeating gannon and returns to the point right after Zelda told him to leave....the king never sees gannon so this deal they made never goes though.

Back