froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Windows' Game Mode feature would allow Windows to better allocate its resources when a PC game is being played. This means giving video games priority over other apps that may be running at the same time, making games run better as a result. Game Mode was first discovered by Twitter user WalkingCat, who found a new DLL file called “gamemode.dll” in leaked build 14997.

Read More

Game Mode sounds like a good feature for older and slower Windows 10 computers. But, I feel Game Mode won't make a huge difference to a Gaming Computer which is already a power house with a very fast CPU, fast video card, and a lot of RAM.

Plus, there is a chance that Gamemode will mess up games, and make Windows less reliably because messing around with settings like program priority can cause problems when you do it manually.

Hopefully, the Game mode .dll and program does not use a lot of disk space.

Sounds like a complicated way of saying it will just end other programs while one is gaming.

Sounds like a complicated way of saying it will just end other programs while one is gaming.

I agree, most likely Windows will end other programs while one is gaming. Windows may also change the Power Plan to High Performance, and possibly overclock the CPU and video card a little bit for faster speeds like how the Xbox One S is overclocked slightly for faster performance.

I think more catchy than complicated. Calling it "Game mode" makes it sound interesting and appealing to people with limited knowledge about computers.

I think more catchy than complicated. Calling it "Game mode" makes it sound interesting and appealing to people with limited knowledge about computers.

I had a very old computer with a Turbo button which made it run slightly faster by changing a software setting on the PC.

I think Game mode is similar to the Turbo button where it sounds catchy, but did not make a huge performance difference.

A lot of CPUs also have a Turbo mode where the CPU can reach higher speeds when you need more speed, but when you are not using the PC, the CPU runs at a slower speed to save electricity, and make the PC run cooler because its CPU is not running as fast.

Back