froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Some Windows 10 users are reporting a random freezing issue after installing Microsoft’s new Anniversary Update. The bug sometimes causes elements of the operating system to crash — or even the whole system.

According to a Reddit thread where users are reporting their experience with this issue, some say the freezing only affects things like the task bar, notification center, or Start menu. Others say that it kills their entire desktop, forcing them to restart.

“After logging in everything works for like 20secs,” reports the user who started the thread. “After that if I only mouse over the Start area, taskbar, the black part simply, it freezes and I get a message that Microsoft Windows is not responding.”

Read More

I wonder did these users choose to install the update, or if Windows updated their computer automatically to the Windows 10 anniversary update.

It must be very disappointing that the task bar, Start menu, and other parts of Windows are freezing for the affected users after the updating Windows to the Anniversary Update.

The Startmenu is how most people launch programs, and the taskbar are the main ways users close, minimize and maximize opened programs.

I think if you use your computer mainly for school, work, or run your business, it is best to keep using Windows 7, or Windows 8.1 since you can control when updates are installed, and disable automatic updates in 7 and 8.1.

I did a volunteer update since I was having some issues with my MP3 files not playing right and the next morning I was greeted by a very long update process when I first booted up my PC. After that got done most of my settings was reset along with my desktop wallpaper removed. Was not happy.

On top of it my taskbar was not working as it wouldn't hide when watching videos on full screen. Though I found that pressing ctrl+shift+esc and going to the process tab and restarting the windows explorer fixed the issue.

MS needs to get their act together with this stuff.

I did a volunteer update since I was having some issues with my MP3 files not playing right and the next morning I was greeted by a very long update process when I first booted up my PC. After that got done most of my settings was reset along with my desktop wallpaper removed. Was not happy.

On top of it my taskbar was not working as it wouldn't hide when watching videos on full screen. Though I found that pressing ctrl+shift+esc and going to the process tab and restarting the windows explorer fixed the issue.

MS needs to get their act together with this stuff.

I wish MS did not release huge updates all at once since there is a greater chance of Windows breaking more than one feature like the Taskbar, Startmenu, Windows Explorer or whole desktop in Windows.

It is also disappointing that MS felt that it was the right choice to reset people's custom settings, wallpaper, and other things which some people spent a good amount of time to customize.

I agree that MS needs to get their act together with Windows Update problems.

I haven't updated to windows 10. I'm still back with Windows 8.1. I refused to update because I don't really trust microsoft. They were offering something for free so I figured there had to be a catch somewhere. And true enough there's been a number of them... forced updates, constant data being sent back, the password sense issue, microsoft deciding which programs to allow/remove or settings to revert/change. And possibly even the threat of the OS becoming a monthly subscription cost...

Back