froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
9.96 percent. Close, but no cigar. Five months after its release, Windows 10 still hasn’t passed 10 percent market share, according to the latest figures from Net Applications.

Read More

9.96 % seems low for Windows 10 since Microsoft tried so hard in to get people to install 10 by making Windows 10 an automatic upgrade for Windows 7 and 8.1 users at one time, and use Desktop notifications/pop-ups to remind people that 10 is a free upgrade for Windows 7, and 8.1 users.

There are also a lot of good sales on Windows 10 computers, tablets, and laptops costing under $500 at stores like Bestbuy, Wal-Mart, and Amazon. I saw some Windows 10 laptops and tablets for $100-300 being sold at local stores.

I bet, not many people got a Windows 10 desktop, laptop, or tablet computer as a Christmas gifts, or bought a computer for school with 10. Many new Windows 10 PC maybe have been quickly installed with Windows 7 or 8.1 on it because the owner did not want to use Windows 10.

I wonder if people don't want to upgrade or heeding all the bad info about w10?

A lot of people customize their Windows 7 settings and appearance like wallpaper, icon size, taskbar color, text size, etc in Windows 7 to best suite their needs, and have old software which may not work in Windows 10, so people maybe less likely to upgrade 10 because they fear they lose all their custom settings and appearance changes for Windows 7, and older software they have installed in Windows 7 won't work in 10.

Most tech savvy users know you need to do a clean install of an operating system to avoid problems, and clean installs can take hours to complete if you include the time needed to install your software, and change Windows settings, and appearance which is best for the users need.

Well, the privacy issues that have been rumored definitely constitute a decisive factor when it comes to upgrading to Windows 10...

I agree the privacy concerns may make people, companies, and governments less likely to use Windows 10. I bet, the Russian government, and secretive companies and people may use a more private operating system like Debian Linux because they have secrets they want to not expose to an American companies.

Not a surprise. I expect most people to upgrade this year when the free upgrades start to expire.

I imagine more people will upgrade to Windows 10 in the coming month after Microsoft releases new Windows Updates which make Windows 10 more like Windows 7, and also get rid of apps, programs, and settings which make people more concerned about their privacy when using Windows 10.

There are also a lot of better Windows 10 desktop PCs, mini desktop computers, laptops, and tablets which would be released in the near future according to a lot of CES/Cunsumer Electronics Show 2016 Articles which I am reading about on technology blogs this week.

They're going to do all that in February? Has Microsoft confirmed this?

I read MS will release a lot of new Windows 10 Builds, but it will probably take longer than a month.

“We’ll have more frequent builds for Fast ring, but we haven't started flighting in the new year yet. We are all getting back in the office, getting new builds through internal rings, etc. A few more days. Once we actually *start* flighting in 2016, then we expect to see more frequent builds than last year,” Aul has pointed out.

Source

Back