froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
WINDOWS 10 is back to its old tricks again, with a recurrence of problems with WiFi connections dropping, something we’ve not seen since the early days.

Although Microsoft has released a new version of Windows 10 in the last few days (1607) it doesn’t seem to be that, because most of the complaints predate the code drop by two days.

KB3201845 was released on 9 December, but the problems started on 7 December and appear to be affecting some Windows 7 and 8.1 machines as well. There’s no pattern in terms of ISPs, routers, and WiFi cards - at the moment, at least, it’s all random.

Read More

This does stink. Hope there would be a fix soon. I can see this being a huge problem for people who use Windows online gaming, watching live streaming video, online courses, or working online like livestreaming on Twitch, YouTube, and other live video sites where a stable connection is very important.

According to a comment from a reader with the username x86 on TheInquirer.net, wired ethernet connections are also dropping for some Windows users.

That's awful. I hope Microsoft comes up with a fix for this quickly.

That's awful. I hope Microsoft comes up with a fix for this quickly.

It may take some time before there is a fix because according to the article the WiFi drops randomly because there is no pattern in terms of ISPs, routers, and WiFi cards which the computer is using.

Plus, it is almost Christmas, so many of Microsoft's Windows Update staff may be on Winter vacation until the New Year, so there may not be a fix until early 2017.

I think someone said MS just released a update fix for this roughly last night. Not positive though.

Back