froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Yes, Microsoft Edge is the default web browser on Microsoft 10 S. You are able to download another browser that might be available from the Windows Store, but Microsoft Edge will remain the default if, for example, you open an .htm file. Additionally, the default search provider in Microsoft Edge and Internet Explorer cannot be changed.

Read More

This will be disappointing for people who want to use Firefox, Chrome, and other web browser as the default browser in Windows 10 S. Bing is not a popular search engine, so most people rather use Google or DuckDuckGo search engine as the default search in Microsoft Edge, IE and the Windows 10 S search box.

Got to hate all those defaults.

Got to hate all those defaults.

I agree these defaults will be hated by users who have moved onto Firefox and Chrome web browser, and Google and other search engines like Google or DuckDuckGo.

I read online that users can upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for $50 which let you change the default web browser, and the default search engine in MS Edge and Internet Explorer if you are stuck using IE 11 or Edge at work, or school because your workplace/school does not let you install and use other browsers.

Upgrading to Windows 10 Pro will also be free for the first year for home users, and for school/work user.

Wait, there isn't a way to make any of the new browsers the default one??? What kind of bullshit is this?!?!

Wait, there isn't a way to make any of the new browsers the default one??? What kind of bullshit is this?!?!

You can pay $50 to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for home users after the 1 year free upgrade period for Windows 10 S to Pro is over for home users. Windows 10 Pro lets you change the default web browser, and search engine settings.

I think upgrading to Windows 10 S to Pro is free for schools and companies.

It is probably be a better to use Windows 10 Home instead of using Windows 10 S for most average users. Windows 10 Home lets you change the default search, and web browser settings in Windows 10 settings. Users can also install third-party software which is not from the Windows Store. Windows 10 S can currently only install programs from the Windows Store, so programs like Valve's Steam would not work in 10 S.

You can pay $50 to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro for home users after the 1 year free upgrade period for Windows 10 S to Pro is over for home users. Windows 10 Pro lets you change the default web browser, and search engine settings.

I think upgrading to Windows 10 S to Pro is free for schools and companies.

It is probably be a better to use Windows 10 Home instead of using Windows 10 S for most average users. Windows 10 Home lets you change the default search, and web browser settings in Windows 10 settings. Users can also install third-party software which is not from the Windows Store. Windows 10 S can currently only install programs from the Windows Store, so programs like Valve's Steam would not work in 10 S.

My version is already pro.

Back