froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
It will be available as a 'mode' in most versions of Windows 10.

I hope that S Mode does not come bundled with Windows 10 by default, it will be possible to remove S Mode from Windows 10, or S Mode won't use up a lot of storage space if it is unremovable, and a forced update.

I never even knew this existed.

I never even knew this existed.

Windows 10 S was not very popular. I think only a few people wanted to buy a Windows 10 S laptop since Windows 10 S can only use Windows 10 Apps from the Windows 10 App Store, and cannot run regular Windows programs like Chrome, Firefox, etc.

Seems like a weird trend Microsoft has; take a product that already works well for most people, turn it into a product obviously nobody wants, and put it alongside the already exisiting product it's based off.
And after some time, discontinue it, and pretend it has never happened.

We've seen it with Windows RT that co-existed alongside Windows 8 and 8.1, I really have no idea why Microsoft killed themselves in the exact same way the second time.
And now they've confirmed the existance of Windows Core OS that would replace Windows 10, and totally kill off the very reason so many people depend on Windows today: Win32 app support.
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

Seems like a weird trend Microsoft has; take a product that already works well for most people, turn it into a product obviously nobody wants, and put it alongside the already exisiting product it's based off.
And after some time, discontinue it, and pretend it has never happened.

We've seen it with Windows RT that co-existed alongside Windows 8 and 8.1, I really have no idea why Microsoft killed themselves in the exact same way the second time.
And now they've confirmed the existance of Windows Core OS that would replace Windows 10, and totally kill off the very reason so many people depend on Windows today: Win32 app support.
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

I feel a lot of Microsoft users feel that Microsoft is not listening to user reviews by adding a lot of unwanted software and features like the Windows Store App, Cortana, and the Metro user interface to Windows 8. A lot of people still complain about the tile user interface on Windows 10 tablets, and the 10 startmenu.

Microsoft is adding an Ultimate Mode in the Power saving plan in Windows 10 which is kind of strange since there is already a gaming mode in the latest version of Windows 10. But, Win 10 Gaming Mode made some games like World of warships slower and stutter according to Window 10 gamer mode sucks

Back