Windows 10 Tablets Bigger Competition to Nintendo Switch than Mobile-Only Tablets?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel tablets like the Microsoft Surface Pro which run Windows 10 are bigger competition to the Nintendo Switch compared to mobile OS tablets which run mobile-only operating system and apps like Google Android and Apple iOS.

There could be a greater chance that a gamer with a more powerful Windows 10 tablet like the Microsoft Surface Pro would not get the Nintendo Switch compared to someone who only own a Android or iOS tablet because the person is happy with gaming on their Microsoft Surface Pro tablet which is compatible with the Xbox controller or keyboard and mouse.

Some Windows 10 tablets can run many popular higher quality games at medium to high video settings. There are also games like Call of Duty, Skyrim, Counter Strike Go, Titan Fall, Battlefield, Grand Theft Auto 5, etc which work on Windows 10. Windows 10 tablets can also run games from Steam, Gog.com, EA Origins, Xbox One Games, and Windows Store games which are not compatible with iOS and Android.

Some Windows 10 tablets also has more storage space, faster processor, faster graphics chip, and other features which make them better for Gaming than a Google Android or iOS tablet.

You know why people will get the Nintendo Switch? Software, software sells and people love their mario games.

You know why people will get the Nintendo Switch? Software, software sells and people love their mario games.

I agree people will mainly get the Nintendo Switch for the Game Software.

I think it is the same with people who get a Windows Gaming Tablet, PC, Laptops, and Xbox One because these Windows and Microsoft devices can play PC games like Grand Theft Auto 5 and Halo which have many fans, and can really suck players in where they spend a good portion of their free time playing PC games.

Last edited:
I agree people will mainly get the Nintendo Switch for the Game Software.

I think it is the same with people who get a Windows Gaming Tablet, PC, Laptops, and Xbox One because these Windows and Microsoft devices can play PC games like Grand Theft Auto 5 and Halo which have many fans, and can really suck players in where they spend a good portion of their free time playing PC games.

Hopefully the general public doesn't see or hear the Switch as a tablet or those with tablets will be angry and confused as to why it won't play Switch titles.

Hopefully the general public doesn't see or hear the Switch as a tablet or those with tablets will be angry and confused as to why it won't play Switch titles.

I can see some less informed people in the general public seeing the Switch as a tablet, and may complain that Nintendo is not publishing Switch games to tablets like the Microsoft Surface Pro tablet, or iPad Pro.

A lot of people don't really watch TV, read news online or offline in magazines and newspapers, and use ad-blockers online, so they may not know the Switch exist, or see it as a tablet when they see one in real-life because of the rectangle shape of the Switch, and removable controllers which are common with tablet gamers.

Hopefully, no one buys physical Switch cartridge games thinking it would work with their tablet.

Back