Windows 10 upgrade notifications window will now be shown full screen - for some users

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
As the free Windows 10 upgrade offer is ending in less than than a month, the company appears to be making one final push to persuade Windows 7 and 8.1 users to update to its latest OS. Now, full screen notifications will show up for a subset of users, touting it as "the most secure Windows ever built".

nxAuQo7.jpg

Read More

I don't like full screen notification windows. I think a smaller window is better.

They are trying to get everyone onto the new OS, even the banks and people using XP. Something behind all of this is doing it.

The full screen notification does seem a bit obtrusive. Although, it does make sure that people are aware of the upgrade though, some people may have not seen about the upgrade before and want to upgrade before you have to pay, and looks like you can simply click "Do not notify me again" to have it never show up again.

The full screen notification does seem a bit obtrusive. Although, it does make sure that people are aware of the upgrade though, some people may have not seen about the upgrade before and want to upgrade before you have to pay, and looks like you can simply click "Do not notify me again" to have it never show up again.

I'm willing to bet $50 it will show up again even if you click the do not notify.

I'm willing to bet $50 it will show up again even if you click the do not notify.

I agree, MS may make the notification show up again if you click the "do not notify" link. But, at least the free upgrade period is almost over, so if you click the "do not notify" link at the end of July, it may not show up again.

But, the notification will ask you to pay for Windows 10 instead of installing 10 without paying.

froggyboy604 froggyboy604 Did you upgrade yet? And is it possible to just get the license key from it and revert back to Windows? I might just want the license key to use Windows 10 on another computer.

froggyboy604 froggyboy604 Did you upgrade yet? And is it possible to just get the license key from it and revert back to Windows? I might just want the license key to use Windows 10 on another computer.

I'm pretty sure your current key just becomes a W10 key. Also I did have a free w10 key but....... I nuked it.

I upgraded one of my PCs to Windows 10, but I think you only have a month to roll back to Windows 7 or 8.1 if you don't like 10. But, you can't have two license key.

I upgraded one of my PCs to Windows 10, but I think you only have a month to roll back to Windows 7 or 8.1 if you don't like 10. But, you can't have two license key.
Alright! My laptop's battery wouldn't charge (it's at 0%) but I can still use it if it's plugged in. Would I be able to upgrade without worries?

Alright! My laptop's battery wouldn't charge (it's at 0%) but I can still use it if it's plugged in. Would I be able to upgrade without worries?

I think you should be able to upgrade to Windows 10 your laptop is only plugged into the wall's power.

But, it is best to make a backup of all your important files, programs, and settings with a Disk imaging/cloning program like Clonezilla, Norton Ghost, or the Default Backup and Restore Wizard program in Windows 7 and above which let you make a full backup of Windows, your programs all your drives on your computer, and save the image file to an external hard drive or file server. It is a good idea to make a full backup when installing an upgrade, or before reinstalling an OS.

I think you should be able to upgrade to Windows 10 your laptop is only plugged into the wall's power.

But, it is best to make a backup of all your important files, programs, and settings with a Disk imaging/cloning program like Clonezilla, Norton Ghost, or the Default Backup and Restore Wizard program in Windows 7 and above which let you make a full backup of Windows, your programs all your drives on your computer, and save the image file to an external hard drive or file server. It is a good idea to make a full backup when installing an upgrade, or before reinstalling an OS.

Alright, thanks!

Back