froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Microsoft is planning to quietly end support for Vista in just one month. After April 11th, 2017, Vista will receive no more updates.

Read More

I think this would not upset most Vista users since Windows Updates sometimes mess up Windows even more when they release a bad update. At least, Vista now has no chance of a Windows Update breaking Windows after April 11th, 2017.

If you still use Vista, it maybe a good time to start planning to upgrade to Windows 7 or 10.

Well quite frankly I don't think that there were that many vista users in the first place, and if they did they didn't stay on it long. Most would have stayed with XP until windows 7 showed up.

Had someone come in the other night at my local staples with PC issues, they were still using Vista and they weren't happy with the idea of upgrading.

That aside, Vista was officially my first OS and kind of sad to see it gone.

Had someone come in the other night at my local staples with PC issues, they were still using Vista and they weren't happy with the idea of upgrading.

That aside, Vista was officially my first OS and kind of sad to see it gone.

Vista is still an okay operating system to use for basic video editing, MS Office, printing documents and photos with a printer, web browsing, and other basic tasks, so the person who walk into Staples may be fine using Vista for basic tasks, and don't feel a need to upgrade. He may also be poor, but don't want to spend the extra $100-200 to upgrade to Windows 10 depending on the version, and if they need to upgrade their RAM since Windows 10 now needs 2GB of RAM to meet the minimum system requirements to install Windows 10. Vista con still run on computers with 512MB of RAM since a lot of cheaper Vista PC came with 512MB of RAM.

Vista was my first modern Windows operating system. I was using Windows 98 up until 2006 at home because I never upgraded to Windows 2000 and XP.

All the computers that I used that had vista on it was dog slow. And yes they were brand new ones that come with it out of the box. Even after a clean install it was bad.

All the computers that I used that had vista on it was dog slow. And yes they were brand new ones that come with it out of the box. Even after a clean install it was bad.

The start-up speed for Windows Vista was slower than other version of Windows I used like XP, 7, and 10.

But, when I used Vista for video editing, web browsing, and MS Office my PC was not so slow which my PC unusable as long as I don't have a lot of big programs open at the same time.

Back