Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
So for those of you who may or may not know, after graduating from college I ended up at Staples as a temp job while I find something in my field. Needless to say, wherever you work in retail or any job dealing with the public you will get the nice people, you will get the old people who shouldn't leave the retirement home and then you get the crazy &(@!* people.

So far working with my job I've learned that if you're weird in anyway, stand outside the store waiting for it to open or just stand out in character, the employees are going to chew you out behind your back, make fun of you or whatever pleases their low paying hourly wage.

Literally had this one woman come in, like half an hour after she bought some things complaining about how some sale prices didn't get on the final price, ect. ect. She headed off to double check something and the moment she turned her back a few of the employees flipped her off (because she was being a real B.)

Another crazy B came into the store (glad I didn't have to deal with it) and bought like $40 worth of stuff and tried to use a coupon to get $20 off but problem is you had to spend $50 or more to use the coupon and though me and some others tried to tell her she didn't have enough, she kept calming the coupon said $40 despite it clearly showing $50 and demanded the money being taken off. She left saying she can't wait for the store to close down.

The other day I even had a christian guy give me a small pamphlet about joining a bible study class after finishing checking out. And the guy gave it to me just in time as I had someone come in saying they wanted to test out one of the store's shredders. :p

and I've come to learn to hate binders, greatly. You can not bag them, they should be a non bagging item, as the edges just cut right through plastic bags. Hate them -_-

Though it hasn't been all bad, met some really neat people like one really old couple who had been married since high school. It was interesting talking to them for a bit.

And if its one thing I hate about staples, its that every week I need to push the company's rewards program, protection plan and whatever else on shoppers and trust me when I say we get a lot of people who want nothing to do with a rewards program.

Anyways, will update this with more stories in the future.

So why Staples? with the other places around like PC World why Staples? also what location of the Staples store?

I like to earn money online other then going out doing an job, But We all need to get out of the house

The other day I even had a christian guy give me a small pamphlet about joining a bible study class after finishing checking out. And the guy gave it to me just in time as I had someone come in saying they wanted to test out one of the store's shredders. :p
You know, you could meet single Christian girls in Bible study classes... Or just make new friends...

Good luck with your new job at Staples.

Is there a computer repair and tech support department at your Staples?

Some of the Staples where I live have computer repair services, and also sell a lot of tech products like computers, video games, digital cameras, and printers.

Sounds like a lot of tough customers. I have avoided working retail for reasons like this, don't think it's something I could do.

Good luck with future customers though! Hopefully they are better. :)

Sounds like you've had a lot of experiences already :p I hate rude customers.

I just hate people who were born with a stick up their @$$ and they all come to retail stores....

Good luck with your new job at Staples.

Is there a computer repair and tech support department at your Staples?

Some of the Staples where I live have computer repair services, and also sell a lot of tech products like computers, video games, digital cameras, and printers.

yep, trying to get myself in there so I can gain experience.

Sounds like a lot of tough customers. I have avoided working retail for reasons like this, don't think it's something I could do.

Good luck with future customers though! Hopefully they are better. :)

Everyday I get a bad customer....

End of the day you get paid big time, :p

Bro, retail is the worst. I had a retail job in high school at a pet store (crazy cat ladies and all!) and now I'm a manager at Whole Foods while I'm in college and let me tell you it is the worst thing in the world. I can not wait until I graduate and find a real job lol

Bro, retail is the worst. I had a retail job in high school at a pet store (crazy cat ladies and all!) and now I'm a manager at Whole Foods while I'm in college and let me tell you it is the worst thing in the world. I can not wait until I graduate and find a real job lol

You're a manger? Are you nuts? That's worse than the lower people in a retail job, you got to deal with all the BS in the workplace.

You're a manger? Are you nuts? That's worse than the lower people in a retail job, you got to deal with all the BS in the workplace.

Yeah but I have a year and a half left on a Bachelor's with no debt and a nice apartment with my girlfriend, so the pros outweigh the cons. But yes, it's mostly all BS and politics with upper management along with the employees that don't want to work that I have to deal with. Like I said before, I hate the job and cant wait to get out of it, but its a good stepping stone while I'm in school still.

Yeah but I have a year and a half left on a Bachelor's with no debt and a nice apartment with my girlfriend, so the pros outweigh the cons. But yes, it's mostly all BS and politics with upper management along with the employees that don't want to work that I have to deal with. Like I said before, I hate the job and cant wait to get out of it, but its a good stepping stone while I'm in school still.

No debt? What witchcraft are you using? Did you sacrifice one of the twims in some unholy ritual?

No debt? What witchcraft are you using? Did you sacrifice one of the twims in some unholy ritual?

Took whatever courses I could at a community college because they were cheaper classes, played a little bit in the stock market and (thankfully) have made a decent profit, and a lot of overtime and hard work at my jobs, and scholarship options lol. Its not easy, but i should graduate debt free (until l I go for my Masters that is)

Took whatever courses I could at a community college because they were cheaper classes, played a little bit in the stock market and (thankfully) have made a decent profit, and a lot of overtime and hard work at my jobs, and scholarship options lol. Its not easy, but i should graduate debt free (until l I go for my Masters that is)

Community college isn't cheap either. Clearly the stock market playing helped you. (Got any tips for me? :p )

Back