Would Antenna TV ever have as many good shows as Cable TV?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
Most of the antenna tv channels' shows are usually not as good as Cable TV because cable TV has better shows, live events like the Oscars, Emmies, and sporting events like NFL football. NHL Hockey, and car racing for people who are fans of Nascar, and Indy Car racing.

Plus, American and foreign dramas which are aired on Cable TV, but are rarely aired on antenna and free legal video services.

You just need to pay more money for channels like Cartoon Network, Comedy Central, HBO, and Spike TV.

I didn't even know there were still antenna TVs around in 2017.
These days, everyone has either digital TV or internet TV any way.

Antenna TV still exist in the US, and Canada. But, the shows are mostly local tv news channels, and community tv channels which mostly play re-runs of old shows, locally made shows, and does not have popular new shows.

Most people in North America has cable tv which need a digital TV cable box, and internet tv is less common because of bandwidth limits where users can go over their bandwidth limit by watching a few hours of tv per day.

I think most people who can't afford digital tv and internet tv would rather go to their local library to watch online video streams from YouTube, Crunchyrolls, Dailymotion, etc instead of watching antenna tv because of the limited amount of good shows on Antenna TV.

I think you mentioned it before yea.
It still surprises me how there's a bandwidth cap in a powerful, populated nation like the USA, but not in a relatively unimportant country like the Netherlands.
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

And I'm talking about average internet speeds too, heard from lots of American mates they would pay like 50 USD for a 30 Mbps connection, which in my point of view is bizarre (would have been OK-ish 15 years ago, but not in 2017).

I think you mentioned it before yea.
It still surprises me how there's a bandwidth cap in a powerful, populated nation like the USA, but not in a relatively unimportant country like the Netherlands.
ヽ(´ー`)ノ

And I'm talking about average internet speeds too, heard from lots of American mates they would pay like 50 USD for a 30 Mbps connection, which in my point of view is bizarre (would have been OK-ish 15 years ago, but not in 2017).

There are not many good internet service providers which offer fast speeds for an affordable price, and the government does not do enough to make internet affordable and fast for people in the US.

Yeah, never knew antenna is around. Thought that went out in the 90s.

Yeah, never knew antenna is around. Thought that went out in the 90s.

Most Antenna TV is now Digital Antenna TV. You need a newer HDTV to watch digital antenna TV, or buy a digital tv converter box for your antenna if you still use an older non-HDTV set like a tube TV.

Back