Would phone charging pads be popular if cell phones still use removable batteries?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
No, I think charging pads would not be as popular if phones still have removable batteries because people with phones with removable batteries can buy an extra battery to replace an empty battery when they need more power, and charge the empty battery with an external charger.

Sometimes, it can take many hours for users to fully charge a phone's battery with a charging pad which is slower than using a USB charger.

The one advantage of a charging pad is that you just need to place your phone on the pad, and it charges automatically.

the pads are still popular? I thought they died out long ago.

the pads are still popular? I thought they died out long ago.

I think the older style charging pads which are made by Energizer are no longer popular, and maybe discontinued since I don't see them at stores or advertised on TV or the internet anymore.

The iPhone 8 and more expensive Android phones now have wireless charging built-in, so you don't need a separate charging case, or plug-in charging adapter to charge your phone like the Energizer charging pad system.

Huh, that seems like too kind of a service.

I heard most North American banks start charging monthly fees just to open a bank account, so I think banks are unlikely to give stuff like free electricity to charge a phone.

Plus, it maybe a security risk having wireless chargers installed on banks because hackers may replace the charging pads with a device which can copy someone's data on a smartphone while it charges, so if a bank employee uses a hacked charging pad to charge their cell phone for work, the banks data may get leaked.

Plus, it maybe a security risk having wireless chargers installed on banks because hackers may replace the charging pads with a device which can copy someone's data on a smartphone while it charges, so if a bank employee uses a hacked charging pad to charge their cell phone for work, the banks data may get leaked.
Yeah and one bank I know have free WiFi as well too......

Yeah and one bank I know have free WiFi as well too......

My bank has one public desktop computer which is only used for online banking for their bank. But, there is no free Wi-Fi.

Hopefully, people use a Virtual Private Network, or Proxy server like Tor to protect their connection while using public wi-fi at a bank. Criminals sometimes can make a similar looking Wi-fi connection at a bank to steal people's login data for sites like e-mail, and banking.

This is why credit unions are very popular.

I think some smaller banks also offer no monthly fee banking, but they may start charging fees in the future.

I agree credit unions are becoming more popular with people who dont like paying more fees.

I believe so. Because they are not a pain to carry unlike power banks which weigh a ton.
Well, it will be my preference for sure.

Back