Would there be many electric car collectors?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think there would be electric car collectors like how some people collect old gas and steam powered cars which have sentimental value, historical value because the car was made a long time ago, and someone famous like a well known celebrity like an actor or singer previously owned the car.

A lot of richer people and car museums may put electric cars in their car collection.

But, it may take more time until most people can afford to collect many electric cars because most used electric cars are not very old, so they will still cost many thousands of dollars to buy them used unlike many used gas cars which can be bought for $3000 US dollars or less depending on how old the car is, and the condition of its parts like body.

Probably not.

Electronic cars are quite expensive and not anyone can afford a good reliable electronic car.

Probably not.

Electronic cars are quite expensive and not anyone can afford a good reliable electronic car.

I agree, the high cost of electric cars will make people not be able to to collect them.

There may be some car collectors who buy used broken electric cars from a junk yard and fix the broken parts, and hope the cars are worth more when they choose to sell them.

Some collectors like museums and people with a large garage may keep broken non-running electric cars to decorate their home, so they may not even fix broken electric cars if they don't plan to drive them.

Last edited:
I'd love to own an electric car. Collect? Nah. hehehe

I would like an electric car as well. I most likely not collect them unless I need two different electric cars like a small electric car and a electric van/truck for carrying big stuff or selling stuff and food out of the back of a van.

I hear most car collectors will never touch a modern day car, simply because they have no style. So it depends if electric car makers make good looking cars.

I hear most car collectors will never touch a modern day car, simply because they have no style. So it depends if electric car makers make good looking cars.

Jay Leno has a few electric cars according to a few Jay Leno car video I watch online. Jay Leno said classic electric cars were popular with rich women because Electric cars did not require the driver to use a hand crank to crank the engine many times to start the engine like very old gas cars, and gas chainsaw which have a rope which users need to pull to start the gas engine.

Gas cars in the past did not have batteries, so drivers need to crank the engine with their hand with a hand crank.

Maybe one or two will for the novelty. But I'm not sure they are the best looking cars for collecting really. There are some good looking ones but the majority don't look great to just sit and look at.

Maybe one or two will for the novelty. But I'm not sure they are the best looking cars for collecting really. There are some good looking ones but the majority don't look great to just sit and look at.

I agree many electric cars don't look the best, and some people may buy them for a novelty feature like quiet ride, and fast acceleration.

I think some middle class electric car drivers may buy custom hood ornaments, wings, and bumpers for their average looking electric cars, so the car look more better like how some gas car owners install custom wings, bumpers, and hood ornaments on more affordable cars like a Honda Civic.

Back