Would touchscreens always be the main way people play mobile games?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I feel as small higher quality wireless gamepad controllers become more affordable like $15, most mobile gamers may use a controller to play games since touchscreen controlls can be unresponsive.

Mobile VR games maybe become more popular in the future, and most VR games require users to use a motion controller, controller, or steering wheel to play racing VR games.

I don't know... I can see your point and I would probably agree but I don't know what other people would think. Seems somewhat "clunky", for lack of a better word, to have a controller that is the same size or bigger than your screen. o_O

I'm sure motion controls will take over one day if not voice commands.

I feel someday mind reading game controls may be popular with mobile gaming and other forms of gaming like PC gaming. I saw an online video of people using their mind/brain power to control a computer when they read a mind reading hat which is connected to the computer.

Well, everyone prefers touch screen now.
Most of the time, they are perfectly accurate....so, I suppose that is the way people prefer it..in the distant future too.

You got a point. As more and more games start to support motion control people will use controllers instead of touch screen

I feel someday mind reading game controls may be popular with mobile gaming and other forms of gaming like PC gaming. I saw an online video of people using their mind/brain power to control a computer when they read a mind reading hat which is connected to the computer.

That’s the solution. Problem solved.

The majority will for the moment. There are people that already use controllers and maybe even a keyboard and mouse to get an advantage whilst playing mobile games. But I do think the majority of casual mobile players will just use the touchscreen

There are already some manufacturers that make gamepads for mobile phones. I don't know how exactly it works, but you just attach the gamepad onto your phone and everything is set. Some gamepads have overlay buttons so that you wouldn't scratch your screen. Others can be connected via Bluetooth so that you wouldn't have to block any part of the screen at all. Although the latter one looks clunky like you're holding out a Nintendo DS that has a heavy top screen.

Back