Staff member
Administrator
Awards
Credits
Full year of Nintendo Online
Steal Penalty
You're Rich Money Bags Award
Profile Music
Not an easy scene to get into, but would you risk arm and body health alike, sleepless nights and endless snacks to become a Esports gamer?

As fun as that would be, no. I remember back in like 2008/2009 when I played Brawl with my friend every single day after school, we thought we were good enough to be competitive Smash players, but I'm glad I never got involved with the scene. Especially after the dumpster fire from a few years ago with all the allegations.

If I were younger, then yeah I'd get into it, especially if they ran Mario Kart tournaments.

I would not want to be an E-sport gamer because I don't enjoy traveling or doing interviews.

If I did, it would have to be something of value to me. I used to like Brawlhalla but the characters and their choices would have me think they are more for a proactive environment but it's 2D and the art and music get old REALLY fast. It's flat and somewhat linear commands. Smash Bros. is a lot of drama and would require a lot of resources to even be good in the competition but the odds don't favor you and the balance is theoretically there but matchups can vary so much they feel like running spreadsheets just to win, say three games in a row with so many characters you may never even played. Rivals of Aether is a good balance of skill and characters but is completely overshadowed by Smash. A lot of the other games that are featured in the MSN eSports games I've never played beyond what I mentioned. I say to myself there must be nothing to them if there are no past games to go off from and it's entirely up to how many hours and how fast your internet is, then there is always something fishy going on. I want a better selection and not some Fortnite, LoL pieces of work when I could be having more enjoyable experiences elsewhere alone with games I only heard of.

I have always been interested in the esports era and money talks... lol

Back in the day, we used to play on Game Battle all the time with hopes of getting on the MLG stage. Today I just game for fun as it is much more... well fun.

Back