Would you buy Smartphone Apps which are loaded on a MicroSD Memory Card from a store?

froggyboy604

Staff member
Manager
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
Mature Board Viewing
Unlock full profile styling
I think I probably buy Smartphone Apps and Games which are many Gigabytes in size from a store if they sold the APK Android installer file loaded to a MicroSD Memory card.

Downloading apps and games which are many GBs in size is slower on my internet because my maximum download internet speed is 15 Mbps, so it can take hours to download bigger files. My internet is also limited, so I can only download 150 GB per month before paying overage fees for going over my data. If I buy bigger apps from a store, I use less of my bandwidth.

Do you like if a single microSD card had one massive game or one card that has multiple games already loaded onto them?

Do you like if a single microSD card had one massive game or one card that has multiple games already loaded onto them?

I think it would be good to have one massive game loaded to a microSD card since some of those RPG, MMO Open World, and Racing Games can fill up many GBs of Space. Grand Theft Auto Vice City, Gangster Vegas, and other games can use up a lot of space on a memory card.

Bigger memory cards which are 32GB or bigger cost $20 and up, but smaller MicroSD cards which are 8GB or smaller cost $5 or less. I also don't play many mobile games, so having multiple smaller cards maybe cheaper.

I'm thinking this is what games should do, instead of huge download files or discs, just have it on a small usb or SD card. Granted though, does this leave the SD card usable afterwards?

I'm thinking this is what games should do, instead of huge download files or discs, just have it on a small usb or SD card. Granted though, does this leave the SD card usable afterwards?

If the SD card still have empty space, the space will be usable unless the SD card is Read-only like game cartridges. But, having the game run on the SD card would be pretty nice since it won't use up internal storage space which can be very small on cheaper phones with 8-16GB of internal storage.

This would seem like we are going back to the past and are using cassettes again, but I like the idea of getting it like that, though it would be more expenssive wouldn't it be?

This would seem like we are going back to the past and are using cassettes again, but I like the idea of getting it like that, though it would be more expenssive wouldn't it be?

MicroSD cards cost $5 or less for a 1-4GB MicroSD card, so the cost will not be very expensive. I think MicroSD cards which are 512MB and smaller are very cheap to buy now.

If you use your internet data plan from your cell phone service provider, or an internet service provider with a low bandwidth data limit, it maybe more expensive because bandwidth and data still cost a lot of money in countries like Canada and the US where it can cost $50 a month or more for a few hundred MBs to Gigabytes of bandwidth. There are also expensive overage fees if you go over your bandwidth limits where you sometimes pay hundreds to thousands of dollars if you go over the bandwidth limit, and download many GBs of files after you pass your bandwidth limit.

MicroSD cards cost $5 or less for a 1-4GB MicroSD card, so the cost will not be very expensive. I think MicroSD cards which are 512MB and smaller are very cheap to buy now.

If you use your internet data plan from your cell phone service provider, or an internet service provider with a low bandwidth data limit, it maybe more expensive because bandwidth and data still cost a lot of money in countries like Canada and the US where it can cost $50 a month or more for a few hundred MBs to Gigabytes of bandwidth. There are also expensive overage fees if you go over your bandwidth limits where you sometimes pay hundreds to thousands of dollars if you go over the bandwidth limit, and download many GBs of files after you pass your bandwidth limit.

True, true it's cheaper nowadays. I always tend to think that MicroSD still cost around 20$ xD. Anyway it would be a good thing I guess, but something tells me that they will rather improve the internet :grin:

Back