Would you donate to a Nintendo game kickstarter campaign?

If Nintendo ran Kickstarter campaigns for new games, would you donate to them?

• Yes I'd donate if it meant the game I've always hoped for would be made

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Maybe, depends what they offer in return

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I think Nintendo should purely fund their own game development/marketing

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
I just saw this article about how Square Enix is apparently interested in using Kickstarter to fund development of some future games/get fans more involved in them...

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-05-27-square-enix-kickstarter-the-way-forward-in-customer-interaction

And I wondered this:

Would people donate to a Kickstarter project to make a certain Nintendo game?

I'm not fan projects here, I mean if Nintendo themselves actually started a Kickstarter campaign to gauge the popularity of a currently dormant series or potential sequel.

So for example, if they ran a kickstarter for something like:

• A new F-Zero game
  • A Majora's Mask 3DS remake
  • A Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire remake
  • A Super Mario 64/Sunshine style 3D Mario game
  • A gritty 'realistic' Zelda game with a Skyrim scale world
  • etc
Would you donate to their campaign to show your support for it? Would you pay in advance to get the game you've wanted for years?

yes

No. Nintendo has enough money to support anything that fans would want to see. Rather than have that "we don't accept unsolicited concepts" policy they should listen to the fans and get off their darned high-horse! In the end, it still comes down to the fans keep your company alive - they are the blood of your company so make sure to pay attention to them!

Capcom has gone from a great company to crap, but even THEY still have a forum where the admins go "is this something people want to see?" (direct quote by the way) then tally the replies of yes and no before deciding on a remake or sequel. And for those who do not know, all of Capcom-unity.com admins are Capcom developers / staff that work in the company in California.

Nintendo should go that route.

Why on earth.... would Nintendo need a kickstarter.

Back