Would you open a video game store...

Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
just do you can play games before they are released?

I saw this meme on 9gag earlier, and I was wondering: is it a good idea?

I suppose if you have the passion and money to do it, then yes? I wouldn't bother since everything is going digital and even gamestop is struggling these days.

Most physical stores are closing nowadays so wouldn't do that. I'd love to try an online store for gaming though, but with a few unique twists. If I had the money I'd just pay someone to smuggle games for me rather than opening an entire store for that purpose though.

No because I am sure that the keys may be locked so you can't use then before the official launch date/time. Plus one could get into trouble if the package seal was broken beforehand.

If I had a lot of money, I open a video game store to play and sell games.

Most physical stores are closing nowadays so wouldn't do that. I'd love to try an online store for gaming though, but with a few unique twists. If I had the money I'd just pay someone to smuggle games for me rather than opening an entire store for that purpose though.

make sure to include the DS in that smuggling of yours ;)

Isn't smuggling games illegal?

Of course, but so would secretly playing games before they release from owning a store :grin:
How would that be illegal? Gaming stores legally receive games before their release date. Are there any laws that prohibit store owners from testing the games before they are launched?

How would that be illegal? Gaming stores legally receive games before their release date. Are there any laws that prohibit store owners from testing the games before they are launched?
I'm not sure personally if there are any laws but I would assume there are agreements in place not to do it, seen stories of staff members getting the sack for those kind of things.

Back