Would you want a Castlevania Symphony of the Night remake?

Would you want a Castlevania Symphony of the Night remake?

• Yes, that would be awesome in HD with remade graphics and music!

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • No, sorry. Leave it how it is.

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

CM30

Gaming Latest Admin and Gaming Reinvented Owner
Full GL Member
Awards
Credits
We're already getting a Final Fantasy 7 one, so how about one of the other great classic of that era?

There have been a ton of ports, but a full blown HD remake could be even better.

What do you think?

That would be awesome, but unlike Final Fantasy VII, MAKE IT AVAILABLE TO EVERYONE! I'm still pissed FFVII is only for the PS4 and FFVII and Castlevania Symphony of the Night are the only two PS1 games I really want to play. I mean I have a PS1 so theoretically, I could get them and play them, but that would be way too expensive sense these are arguably the two best PS1 games.

A 4K upgrade would be nice. Other than touching up the textures for that resolution, I don't want much changed. The gameplay still holds up to this day so a remake isn't necessary.

I'd rather see Curse of Darkness remastered, personally. that game was pretty much a 3rd-person SotN anyhow, so it would fair better with a remaster than a sprite-based game. I mean, Dracula X already had the graphical remaster on the PSP a while back and the sprites looked better than the CG version due to the play style, in my opinion.

I assume you mean this game, right?

Could be interesting to see remade, yes. Although if you going for 3D games, maybe the Nintendo 64 games should get a decent remake at one point as well...

I assume you mean this game, right?

Could be interesting to see remade, yes. Although if you going for 3D games, maybe the Nintendo 64 games should get a decent remake at one point as well...
Yep, that'd be the one. That plays exactly like SotN but in 3rd-person but with a crafting system and fairy evolution system (as well as item theft from enemies) incorporated. Even the game before it, Lament of Innocence, would work well. 3D? I doubt the 3DS could support the file space for that game, let alone in 3D. Unless you mean 3rd-person? If that is the case then hells no. Nearly nobody liked the 2 64 games that they made outside of myself and one other person that I know of; I'm sure there are more but the games were revered horrible for many reasons even I can agree with. They'd be better off making Sophia's game that was cancelled for the Dreamcast into a current-gen game rather than make those two HD or remastered in any way.

It's a good game, but it doesn't need a remake. Don't fix what isn't broken.

On the other hand, I'd have loved to see a 16-bit version of Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. It's by far my favorite Castlevania game, but the limitations of the console that it was on hindered it from reaching perfection.

Back